Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Replacing Safety Harness >

Replacing Safety Harness

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Replacing Safety Harness

Old 10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Spike

Default Replacing Safety Harness

I am looking to buy a new Hunter Safety System Harness to replace the hard to use non buckletype that came with my tree stand.

Which type is more comfortable betweenthe Hunter Safety System HSS4 reversible orange model (made with unkown material)or the HSS6 modelwith the mesh material although not reversible orange.

I like the idea of the reversible orange sothat I can also use during Gun season but I dont want to buy something that is uncomfortable, cumbersome, or noisy. Thought I might ask some current users of these products first.

Thanks for any opinions.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Replacing Safety Harness

In my opinion, why get Orange? if your up in a tree it wouldn't matter and you would have other orange on anyway for gun so I would go with the camo, but that just me. They are all made to safety standard. But your right comfort is everything. I personally don't have either one so I cant help you there. I know they are not cheap to buy. But when your talking safety price isn't important.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

I just bought the cheaper version the Tree Stalker and love it!! I feel great 20 ft up now
Old 10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I presently own the mesh. Previously I owned the solid fabric but gave it to my nephew. They make 3 types. I thought I just had to have the mesh thinking it would be cool and all that stuff. I wouldn't buy the reversible or the mesh. I'd just get the regular camo one that's not reversible. The problem I have with the mesh is it gets caught on treebark when you're sitting in a tree. Mine has started to show wear too and and has some holes in the mesh. I know you can put it on under your clothes but I like the extra convenient pockets for grunt tube, range finder and all that. Just buy the camo.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0014279931459a&type=product&cm Cat=SEARCH_all-perf&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=HUNTER+SAFETY+SYSTEM+VE ST&Ntk=Products&Nty=1&cm_cat=Google&am p;Ntt=HUNTER+SAFETY+SYSTEM+VEST&noImage=0& cm_ven=performics&_requestid=27639&Ntx=mod e+matchall&cm_pla=search_search_huntingclothin g&N=0&cm_ite=hunter%20safety%20system%20ve st&rid=0180101070502&cmCat=perf
Old 10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own the reversible no different than the others the way it fits. I do use the orange for rifle season but I know you can just wear it under your orange. Either way good purchase.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

I dont own one of the vests, I have a simple "belt" that had a big solid D-ring on it and that D-ring has a rope that is 1.25 in diameter attached to it and on the other end of the rope is the heavey duty clip/hanger/whatever you want to call it. Works great and have always felt safe in my tree, I never leave home without it.