Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting in the rain?? >

Hunting in the rain??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting in the rain??

Old 10-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Spike

Default Hunting in the rain??

This may be common knowledge but I am going to ask anyway. I am going huntin up in OK next week and it just so happens that the 3 to 4 days I will be hunting there is a chance for showers. The temp looks like it is going to be great but the chance for rain is bringing me down. Just wanting to know the general opinion about hunting in the rain???
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM

Default RE: Hunting in the rain??

light rain doesnt hurt as long as it is not enough to wash blood away. dont try shots that are not a sure thing.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto what Joe said. Make a good hit.

I've killed 2 of my last three in freezing rain. The deer are there whether it's raining or not. If it was blowin' like Katrina, then maybe not, but ashower and even a good soaking-rain won't hold them up too much I don't think.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have good results in light rain, just make sure to make good shots like mentioned above. Both my archery deer were taken before a rain.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will hunt in the rain anytime, as long as there is no lightning. I have seen lots of deer in the rain.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love to hunt right after a good hard rain. The deer have to live in that and I have always found that after a good rain they get up and move around, shake off a bit and get a bite to eat. Good luck!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:18 AM

what they said, be patient and make a good shot. a bit of rain never hurt no one, the deer don't mind, and plus it'll put hair on your chest...ok i made that last part up
Old 10-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

I love to hunt right after a good hard rain. The deer have to live in that and I have always found that after a good rain they get up and move around, shake off a bit and get a bite to eat. Good luck!
I agree, I have seen more deer out after a rain than any other time.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll hunt in anything but a heavy downpour.

Wet or dry, shouldn't we all be trying to ONLY take shots that we are 100% certain of?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Spike

Sounds great. I don't care about getting wet and I am sure the deer don't. Just wasn't sure if there was much movement during when it was raining. I appreciatethe info..

Thanks

Quick Reply: Hunting in the rain??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.