Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your area/woods capable of? >

What's your area/woods capable of?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your area/woods capable of?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your area/woods capable of?

1. Yes P&Y deer are around here.....believe it or not
Ther are one or two B&C size deer killed around my area every 3 or 4 years
The main reason we do not have more......... the mentality by 90% of our hunters are "If its brown..its down" and the fact our buck to doe raito is roughly 12:1
Old 10-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

1. Yes P&Y deer are around here.....believe it or not
Ther are one or two B&C size deer killed around my area every 3 or 4 years
The main reason we do not have more......... the mentality by 90% of our hunters are "If its brown..its down" and the fact our buck to doe raito is roughly 12:1
12 bucks to 1 doe?!?![8D] And i thought the bar room fights down at smitty's was rough, id like to see what them boys do to duke it out for a lady friend??
Old 10-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Spike

1. Yes, big deer are killed in my area every year. Just last year my buddy killed a 140 class buck.
2. Yes this summer, me and my other buddy (Scott07/OH) have seen at least 5 or 6 different bucks that will go 130 or better.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I live inSE Pa. Alot of people that hunt around here will shoot anything legal. I pass small bucks all the time even thoug I have not shot many bucks. We definately have some P&Y around but I wouldn't say they are all over, kind of far and few in between. My buddy has shot a few in the 115-120 class but nothing larger.A few years ago I took my other friend toone of my spotsspot and he shot his first deer ever. When we meant up he was like " I think I shot a pretty decent buck" of course I was fired up for him. It wasn't until we went and found it that my jaw hit the ground. I was like"do you know what you shot" he had no clue. Ended up going around 142. None of us has seen a deer of that caliber since then. They are around just elusive and not in large numbers.

Shane
Old 10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Dominant Buck

NO
NO
Because there hasn't ever been anything approaching a P & Y or Boone and Crockett deer killed here. It's the nature of the land, the hunters and they aren't here. A 130 deer would bring out the newspapers, every hunter and maybe even a visit from the Pope. There are a few 160 to 170 deer but they always come from the Western NY counties or down near the City or around Albanywhere gun hunting is not allowed and land access is almost impossible. They get to grow old. It's the reason I wander to Ohio once in a while and pass up all sorts of bucks just waiting for one of those big ones. I'll pass up more bucks in a setting in Ohio than I'll see in a year here.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

yes and yes and I"ll have my fingers crossed this season.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

1. Is the area/woods you hunt capable of producing P&Y and B&C bucks?

Yes to both

2. Do you believe you have either of them around?

There are definately some P&Y aroundmyimmdiatearea. Booners are very rarely shotwithin a few miles of whereI hunt though.I have seen some steady improvent in the size/age of bucks in my area since some of the neighbors began allowing younger bucks to walk a few years ago.

LET THEM GO SO THEY CAN GROW!

3. If you believe you do not, what's your reasoning?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know my woods produces P&Y bucks (friends dad has shot 6 on the land)

i know they are around have pics.

[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, very much capable of producing B&C.. There were three monsters shot last year during gun season.. Down side is I've never got one of them with my bow but have seen them, just not close enough..

The property has really good genetics but also has some bad ones. There are a bunch of half racks running around also.. We've agreed to try and take care of those if we see them...
Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: What's your area/woods capable of?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.