Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 10 YEAR OLD - FIRST DEER >

10 YEAR OLD - FIRST DEER

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 YEAR OLD - FIRST DEER

Old 10-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 10 YEAR OLD - FIRST DEER

As he said....."I piped him....yeah"................pretty proud of the job he did. Took him out for his first hunt ever. We were in our Double Bull ground blind, that he helped put out 2 weeks ago. I disscussed and quized him all summer when wepracticed about how to successful and be a good bowhunter. He did a awesome job.......a half hour before dark we caught some movement to our left.....2 deer comming. The deermoved inside 20 yards but were quarters too. He waited....the deer started to move so he drew his bow......there they were broadside.......finally he shoots........a perfect shot!Man was he pumped.....and so was I!Right away I told hime it was perfect shot......He says "I piped him....Yeah" my next question...why did you wait so long once the deer stopped broadside? Don't you remember dad....you told meif you can, on a broadsideshot, waitfor the deer to take a step ahead which gets the front legmore out of the way. I'm almost speechless.

Pretty cool! Here's the photo.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 10 YEAR OLD - FIRST DEER

Congrats to him and to you for being a good teacher!

Wayne
Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

OH Man!!! That is sweet!!! A huge congrats to him and you, I can't imagine how proud you must be. I don't have any kids, but I can't wait to take out my little cousin and someday my nephew and/or nieces...again great story!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing real quick..........I live in MN........its a cool thing the DNR did with a rule change this year. They now allow 10 and 11 year olds the hunt.......no firearms saftey certificate....they can't get it until they are 11 and can't hunt until 12. 10 and 11 years old can hunt if they are in direct supervision of an adult. They don't have to buy a license......the supervising adult must use their tag. It should get more kids out in the woods at an earlier age.

Good Luck,

Cloud 9
Old 10-01-2008, 09:27 PM

Wow what a way to start. A big congrats to him. And to you as well, Im sure you are very proud
Old 10-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats to the young man and the proud father.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

AwesomeCongrats Cloud, seems likes it's been awhile since I saw you on.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have to bea proud man right now.

I remember the way my old man looked when he was sitting next to me on my first deer. He was more nervous than I was.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't posted for a really long time...sometime last year.....but I still read posts on a very regular basis. The site still has great information, great advice and a bunch of great people.

Good Luck!

Cloud 9
Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: CLOUD 9, MN

Another thing real quick..........I live in MN........its a cool thing the DNR did with a rule change this year. They now allow 10 and 11 year olds the hunt.......no firearms saftey certificate....they can't get it until they are 11 and can't hunt until 12. 10 and 11 years old can hunt if they are in direct supervision of an adult. They don't have to buy a license......the supervising adult must use their tag. It should get more kids out in the woods at an earlier age.

Good Luck,

Cloud 9
My brother just told me that the other day. I think It's an excellent Idea. It's about the only thing the Mn DNR has done right the last 10 years.

Congratulation's to your son and also to yourself there dad!! It's good to see Mn represented like this, great thread!! You 2 hunting around St.Cloud? I'm 45 minutes south of there.

Quick Reply: 10 YEAR OLD - FIRST DEER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.