HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Here he is...UPDATE (2) STORY.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/265903-here-he-update-2-story.html)

markjenna 10-01-2008 04:13 PM

Here he is...UPDATE (2) STORY....

1st day, 2nd hour, 11 point, 210 field dressed, 15 yards...HELL YA.....

STORY.....

Well, let's start off by saying that this is not for the picture perfect deer hunter.... Started last night telling my wife, as we are sitting in the family room, that tomorrow I was going to put my other bucks(SEE PAGE 4 OF THIS POST)brother on the wall.Woke up this morning and saw it was 50 deg.Looked as if it was going to bea great morning for Oct. Got in the stand at 5:30 am, I live in Westville, IN. Sat down got situated and first thing I hear is a snort. Busted at 5:40 am. Damn….. Around 6:20 am two does a nice doe and a yearling come in 10 FEET from the stand and are trying to bust me. I was like get the hell out of here. After about 30 min, they walked off and never did bust me after walking around my stand about 5 times.. Around 7:15 I see a deer to the west and thought another doe. GREAT. Then I see the Dark antlers. He started walking straight at me. All I could think was that he was going to walk straight to me and bust me without offering a shot. He got about 15 yards and turn right and started walking to the corn field, through some thicket. He got the edge and I was for sure he was going to turn the other way, but he turned and started walking down the edge toward me. I had one really good opening and as soon as he got behind a tree I drew back. Of course he stopped and looked through an opening at me and started the famous bob and weave. I’m busted. I had 3 sec to decide what I am going to do. Thinking better of it I released an arrow right into his chest, for he was again turned right at me. The buck took off and I wasn’t sure If I got him. I sat for twenty min. and then it started to Rain. HARD. I was screwed. I got out of the stand to see it the arrow was still there, and I couldn’t find it. It continued to rain for about an hour hard. As it continued to rain I could only think the worst, for I was sure all the rain would wash all the blood away.. AND IT DID…. After it stopped raining I heading into the woods to take a look and couldn't find nothing. After about ½ hour of looking I went back to the start and said If I got shot by an arrow what would I do.. I followed the least resistance through the woods and found nothing. I finally said lets go down to the swamp and walk the edge. As I walk I could only think about the rest of the season, I had to hunt. But couldn’t get over THAT deer not being found. I took a few my steps and took a look to the left to browse the wood and THERE HE WAS…… Ya, the shot wasn’t the best thing to do, but if you practice and have confidence, it should all work out. The Arrow went right into his heart and was like 50 yard from my stand…..I will post the mount as soon as I get it. My guy does his own tanning and I get my mounts back like in 3-4 WEEKS, and he is good… If you look at his browtine he had sap with some pine bark in it. He must of been rubbing hard this morning. I thought that was cool. Do you think I should try to recreate that bark or something like it, on his mount.

Bowman4440 10-01-2008 04:15 PM

RE: Here he is...

Congrats! That is an awsome deer! Lets get the story!!!!

VA5326 10-01-2008 04:16 PM

WAY TO GO!!!!!! CONGRATS!

wahoohunter 10-01-2008 04:16 PM

nice buck man! Congratulations! looks like he was an old fella too, those dark horns are nice!

MN/Kyle 10-01-2008 04:17 PM

Love those dark antlers;)

Congrats.

mcagney014 10-01-2008 04:19 PM

Very impressive buck! That is a big bodied deer for sure... CONGRATS!

Chris27 10-01-2008 04:21 PM

Congrats!

markjenna 10-01-2008 04:25 PM

Another Picture, story to come....

PreacherTony 10-01-2008 04:25 PM

Love the chocolate rack and the charecter on those horns, Bro!!! Congrats!!!:)

Matt / PA 10-01-2008 04:27 PM

Holy cow, what was he rubbing creosote soaked telephone poles!? [:-]:D

Nice buck congrats!! That's a beauty.:)