Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Seasons probly over already for me. >

Seasons probly over already for me.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Seasons probly over already for me.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Default Seasons probly over already for me.

I went out to go hit the stand this am and i got totaly bumed. I hunt about 150 acers of mixed trees and grass well any way turns out the gas company decided it was time to get ready to start drilling on the property. Heavy machinery everywhere. Im sure they done scared the deer way of the property for at least some time. They wernt suposed to start anything on the property until febuary. They said it will be about 4 months or so before everything is done and rigs are moved off.
Now what am i suposed to do? Here it is opening week of Archery and i pritty much just got bumped of my place to hunt. No time to scout another place even if i could afford it, cost way to much money to get a lease here in Texas. Needless to say im bummed way the **** out
Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Seasons probly over already for me.

Where in Tx are you? Maybe I can get you a hunt or two in east Tx.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 AM

Ft Worth area.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

You don't have any public land or anyone you know that may let you hunt there??? I'd start looking, I'd never give up my season. I picked up 3 properties more or less by dumb-luck in the last year, which is good because I also lost 2 I used to hunt myself, and I've lost probably 5 places in the last 7 years d/t development, owners dying, one leased, etc.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

hunt it anyway....deer pay no attention to heavy equip here...im always talking to guys who run large equipment that talk about seeing deer while running the machinery
Old 10-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

PM sent
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 AM

Ya i wont give up yet . But thats where the time comes in. and there aint no way im hunting public land here during gun season. been there done that and it scares me to death.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

1. Use them. They probably changed the deer travel in your area, yes, but the new routes, the new sign will clue you in to what is happening in the here and now. It's not that likely that they are taking up the entire property with machinery right?
2. If they are drilling, you are getting paid bank right? The real good news is that with all of those checks rolling in, you can get out and buy more land to hunt in the future. Think positive bud.
3. If you absolutely can't hunt it, then I am sure you find some public or other private land to hunt. I didn't think that it would be easy to get permission to hunt on someone elses land, but you never know till you ask and offer your help with something they may need. Good luck brother.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

It will change the pattern but it wont hurt the hunting the deer will get use to it. I had a similiar problem last year and I shot a 169 off that property Hang in there in a few weeks the deer will be use to it
Old 10-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If its like anything around here, the gas company doesn't get out there til 9 or so. I wouldn't let that affect me. Why don't you even ask them what they have been seeing. Might suprise ya.