Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I thought I'd seen it all until today. >

I thought I'd seen it all until today.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I thought I'd seen it all until today.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I thought I'd seen it all until today.

Stopped in Gander Mt. to poke around a bit at lunchtime........as I was walking in the store I glanced over at the checkout.

There's a last minute archery season shopper getting prepared for saturday's opener.
As the clerk puts his 2 big containers of C'Meer Deer and 6 pack of Muzzy broadheads into a bag.

I thought about it for a second and then thought........"You're just going to ruin your day, let it go"[&o]

I would have a VERY hard time as a sporting goods store clerk right now here in PA. I'd be handing out sack punches like they were buy one get one free.
[:-]
Old 09-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I thought I'd seen it all until today.

I would have a VERY hard time as a sporting goods store clerk right now here in PA. I'd be handing out sack punches like they were buy one get one free.
[:-]

Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now Matt, watch out for the ethic police. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3025809&mpage=1&key=�
Old 09-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Matt, BTW....

http://www.whatsgoodaboutanger.com/links.asp

Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Now Matt, watch out for the ethic police. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3025809&mpage=1&key=�
Huh never saw that one.........imagine that a Gander MT too. LOL

Glad I didn't see it then, because it would still be going.

Doesn't anyone educate these retail stores that what they are selling..........ah nevermind. I'm just going to give myself a blown blood vessel in my head.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could care less if a guy uses C'mere dorky deer or if he uses Code Blue estrus large balls scent formula during the rut(whats the difference?)......I could also care less if Johnny B Illegal Baiter buys a new 6 pack of Muzzy's the day before the season starts...heck, I have bought them in season many times after tearing mine up during practice and shooting deer. I just shoot them a couple of times to make sure they fly true, and it is on!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Oh Matt, BTW....

http://www.whatsgoodaboutanger.com/links.asp

Never saw that one coming.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I could care less if a guy uses C'mere dorky deer or if he uses Code Blue estrus large balls scent formula during the rut(whats the difference?)......I could also care less if Johnny B Illegal Baiter buys a new 6 pack of Muzzy's the day before the season starts...heck, I have bought them in season many times after tearing mine up during practice and shooting deer. I just shoot them a couple of times to make sure they fly true, and it is on!
Because.......Code Blue isn't illegal. C' Meer deer is in PA to hunt over.
The reference to the pack of broadheads wasn't because I think it's dumb to be buying broadheads right now.
It merely illustrated quite clearly his intentions by purchasing the 2 together a couple days before the season starts.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could care less if a guy uses C'mere dorky deer or if he uses Code Blue estrus large balls scent formula during the rut(whats the difference?)
To me I see no difference even though one of them is illegal and the other is not...that is just me though Matt. Besides all my above comments, I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from! I was down at a Gander Mountain two weeks ago and the archery department was off the hook! People buying all kinds of gadgets that they are just now assembling, people on cell phones asking questions such as, "honey, you said you wanted the RAGE 2 blade broadheads right, that is what you have been talking about all the time?" hahahaha!~
Old 09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

PA seems BAD for that sorta thing....guess its because of the number of "hunters" we have.....

buddy went to the bowshop last year the night before the season for somethin stupid..forget what it was but it wasnt anything too serious...said the place was PACKED...guys buying arrows, trying to get their bows tuned and this and that....this is hours before i was due to wake up.....

same buddy "sighted in" his broadheads that evening before the season....took about 6 shots...got in the truck and left....did drill a buck opening morning.....but i had to cringe watching him "sight in his broadheads" he said "when did you sight yours in?" i said i never sighted my broadheads in and tried explaining the concept of tuning.....but he didnt get it...ive come to realize with him that i will never get through and i just gotta bite my tounge....he thinks because he bowhunted for a few more years longer than me, that he knows more and is better....he was furious when i got my bow and outshot him within like 2 weeks of getting my first ever bow....but i spent like 2 years on here and the net learning about everything i could from form to tuning....i dont know it all.....but im always trying to learn....and i practice year round....

he thinks im an idiot for buying the things i do..."why cant you just goto the bowshop and buy a regular string" "your nuts for paying 600 and some $ for a bow(fully setup ready to shoot) "why in the world would you need 5 pins or bother practicing at 60 yards?" he will REALLY loose it when he sees the QAD HD and Viper i put on this year he hasnt seen them yet....

(that one buck last year was his first GOOD kill....one was found a week or 2 later by small game hunters practically dead or dead...the other was a bad shot he trailed and trailed till he lost it...but did recover it the next day..luckily...and i know hes missed atleast one...probably more i dont know about....maybe more lost deer as well)not saying stuff dont happen and bad shots dont happen...and not proclaiming to be great...but its his own fault he dusts off the bow maybe a month before the season and does what he does....

i strive to know as much as i can and be the best that i can...i was upset about going to cape cod this summer without my bow....got home late august...i still feel confident out to 40yds but im not shooting as well as last year when i practiced daily all summer and once a week or so most of the spring...this year i did shoot atleast once a week pretty much all year....this summer the bow is coming with me whereever i go...even if i gotta travel to a shop to shoot....its peace of mind for me....i thought about my bow more than my GF this summer

Quick Reply: I thought I'd seen it all until today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.