Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I thought I'd seen it all until today. >

I thought I'd seen it all until today.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I thought I'd seen it all until today.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I thought I'd seen it all until today.

I think the term "sack punch" has now risen to the most used phrase on HNI. Can't someone mix it up and little and perhaps try something like nugget knock, speed bag, etc???
Old 10-01-2008, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I could care less if a guy uses C'mere dorky deer or if he uses Code Blue estrus large balls scent formula during the rut(whats the difference?)......I could also care less if Johnny B Illegal Baiter buys a new 6 pack of Muzzy's the day before the season starts...heck, I have bought them in season many times after tearing mine up during practice and shooting deer. I just shoot them a couple of times to make sure they fly true, and it is on!
X2
Old 10-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

It's even better when a guy is getting setup with a brand new bow a couple of days before the opener. That'll leave you shaking your head.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunter25

It's even better when a guy is getting setup with a brand new bow a couple of days before the opener. That'll leave you shaking your head.
A guy in our elk camp in CO bought his bow on Thursday for Saturday's opener. Of course he is a former IBO national champion and only bought it b/c the bus cable on his bow broke and cracked his limbs.

It can get you into trouble if you judge too quickly is all I am saying.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson

I think the term "sack punch" has now risen to the most used phrase on HNI. Can't someone mix it up and little and perhaps try something like nugget knock, speed bag, etc???
LOL ... I get kinda worried with men wanting to touch other men's sacks ......

Also I agree with your other post ... gotta be careful when judging other's intentions or actions ... things aren't always what they appearto be .....
Old 10-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

I was in astore yesterday (our season opens today) picking up some snake gaiters and saw a guy looking at arrows. He had a cell phone to his ear and the conversation went like this: "Hey bud ... nope, all they have are these aluminum... nah, I don't think they'll fly that different.... ok I'll pick ya' some up". That was funny stuff
Old 10-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

I
: "Hey bud ... nope, all they have are these aluminum... nah, I don't think they'll fly that different.... ok I'll pick ya' some up". That was funny stuff
There a big step up from the fiberglass ones he's using now.[:-]
Old 10-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe he just wanted the extra heads just in case his c'mere deer drew them in by the dozens....you dont wanna run out of ammo!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I won't comment on the bait, but he could have been buying the BH's as a last minute thing. Those of you that have been using the same BH's for a number of years, do you still take one out of the pack to make sure they fly the same as the old ones?I never have, soI'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the bh's.

Along the lines of night before madness, I witnessed a guy trying to draw a Bear bow (not sure which model) at walmart last night. He tried to draw the bow......that had the cables/string zip tied together. That was a sight.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

I was in astore yesterday (our season opens today) picking up some snake gaiters and saw a guy looking at arrows. He had a cell phone to his ear and the conversation went like this: "Hey bud ... nope, all they have are these aluminum... nah, I don't think they'll fly that different.... ok I'll pick ya' some up". That was funny stuff
This is the type of guy we (me in my other thread from a month ago) and Matt in this one are talking about. Sure conclusions can be jumped to, but the "type" is relatively easy to spot. I won't knock a guy for buying a bow a week before the season, heck I could get one tomorrow and be grooving by the end of the night; but when you couple it with bait, broadheads, some new camo, and the over heard comments like the above, all roads lead to a sack punch.

I don't expect everyone to be as crazy as I am about the season being upon us, but it hits me wrong as a guy who spent last week looking forward to doing laundary for this week and so on.

Who knows? The knucklehead last minute illegal baiter will probably score a monster and I will eat tag soup, but I will still have the better season.

Quick Reply: I thought I'd seen it all until today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.