Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

god hates me

Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: god hates me

Winds shift all the time, especially in the evenings when you startto deal with thermal currents and air pressure and it's relation to falling temps associated with sundown. Every little spot in the woods had it's own characteristics, maybe that place does that every evening under normal weather conditions, and you may never beat the deer. Or, you may get a cold front come one day, and it'll do the opposite, and they deer walk right to you. Cold fronts can sometimes flip the prevailing wind direction in a spot and leave you scratcing your head as to why deer aren't showing up.

It's tough to beat their nose. You gotta be clean. CArry some wind check powder with ya, and tie some white yarn on your stabilizer and watch what it does while your sitting there. Make yourself learn those woods, and how the wind/thermal currentsbehaves there, and you may learn to abandon that stand, and move it 60 yards and kill a deer every time you climb in it.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Scent Lok won't help you and neither will anything else if they are downwind. I don't care what that clown OHbowhntr (winky, winky) says you can't beat a deer's nose.

It certainly doesn't hurt.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you really think that God hates you well than you just have to hate him back, Then you will realize that it's you and not him that is full of hate. Then you kick yourself in the nuts and life goes on..
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM

wow guys dont take the god thing so seriously.....didnt mean it like that.

al i meant was he likes to play tricks on me...didnt think everyone would flip out

and yes i use scent away earth spray, and when i wash my clothes i wash em in baking soda, then hang them outside for about a week

no big deal i was just tellin everyone how my nights r goin. wowwww

Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Shawn Perkins

wow guys dont take the god thing so seriously.....didnt mean it like that.

al i meant was he likes to play tricks on me...didnt think everyone would flip out

and yes i use scent away earth spray, and when i wash my clothes i wash em in baking soda, then hang them outside for about a week

no big deal i was just tellin everyone how my nights r goin. wowwww

I have learned that the G word is off limits here. Expect at least half of the religious people to feel they understand God better than you and to tell you all about it.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:55 PM

yeah...i see that now.

i meant no offense to ANYBODY...sorry fellas
Old 10-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

None taken. I was fairly certain you didn't mean that literally. Besides, if he did, He'd have kicked your butt out of the tree

X30 on the scent control.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

I am very careful about the wind and scent control but I think the only fool proof thing is to climb down and get out of the woods
Old 10-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you hunting in an area with elevations? Wind currents tend to go downhill as the evening cools. If not it could be that the woods cool off faster than the field and the cold air in the woods creates a "breeze" as it seeps out into the field. Same effect.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:20 PM

hmmm....i can show you guys from the google earth thing where im hunting. but idk how to get it on here

Quick Reply: god hates me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.