Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Kill - Revisited ....... >

The Kill - Revisited .......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Kill - Revisited .......

Old 09-30-2008, 07:44 PM

Default RE: The Kill - Revisited .......

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: mauser06

SIR! STEP AWAY FROM THE BONG!!!
you all know you feel that way ... admit it ...that's why you take a weapon ... that's why EVERYONE wants to shoot the Rage .... the bigger the hole, the better ..... we are enthralled by it ... man up, boys ....admit it

BTW Captain ... anger has nothing to do with it ...... I'm not angry .... maybe it's a dominating thing ....I dunno ....

somebody help me ....[8D]
i dont want to shoot ragesseriously, at 35 yards, I "have" put broads n the same hole, i dont need any more accuracy than that, and muzzy's have plenty of "punch" so i am good.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

i will be the first to admit i love the kill....your talking to the guy that like to play sniper and shoot groundhogs at over 300yds away and as close as point blank ....90 degrees and sunny and im the idiot laying out there getting fried by the sun and eaten alive by skeeters and horse flys JUST for the kill. i dont have a life long kill total but its in the hundreds for sure...(just started hunting them hard last year...41 confirmed kills last year alone) but no matter what, when i get a target in the scope my heart still beats a little faster...my breathing is a little heavier...i calm myself...lay there frying some more...waiting for the perfect shot....i feel the recoil of the rifle...i hear the thud of a hit...i watch the red mist fill the air....i cant describe that feeling....its not as great as when i whack a turkey or send an arrow into the chest of a buck.....but no matter what, i love that minute before the shot and the couple minutes after the shot and the couple minutes when you first retrieve the game...

and your right...first think i do is look at the damage...its human nature...

but i will never shoot a RAGE broadhead

you should see what a ballistic tip does to a groundhog and i can justify my groundhog hunting....ask the farmers how much the love to hear the crack of my rifle.....they know thats one less hole digging, cattle leg breaking, machine breaking groundhog out there...id eat them if i could...but by the time i walk 300yds and gather the pieces, flies are all over the meat and its no good....

but i will still argue that im not out there JUST for a kill. i WANT to kill something. i am out there to kill something....but i try to not let the little things pass me by....and realize that there is so much more to hunting than the killing end of it.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mauser06

i will be the first to admit i love the kill....your talking to the guy that like to play sniper and shoot groundhogs at over 300yds away and as close as point blank ....90 degrees and sunny and im the idiot laying out there getting fried by the sun and eaten alive by skeeters and horse flys JUST for the kill. i dont have a life long kill total but its in the hundreds for sure...(just started hunting them hard last year...41 confirmed kills last year alone) but no matter what, when i get a target in the scope my heart still beats a little faster...my breathing is a little heavier...i calm myself...lay there frying some more...waiting for the perfect shot....i feel the recoil of the rifle...i hear the thud of a hit...i watch the red mist fill the air....i cant describe that feeling....its not as great as when i whack a turkey or send an arrow into the chest of a buck.....but no matter what, i love that minute before the shot and the couple minutes after the shot and the couple minutes when you first retrieve the game...
I LOVE shooting woodchucks

and your right...first think i do is look at the damage...its human nature...
Thank you

but i will never shoot a RAGE broadhead
never say never

you should see what a ballistic tip does to a groundhog and i can justify my groundhog hunting....ask the farmers how much the love to hear the crack of my rifle.....they know thats one less hole digging, cattle leg breaking, machine breaking groundhog out there...id eat them if i could...but by the time i walk 300yds and gather the pieces, flies are all over the meat and its no good....
I have ...it's awesome

but i will still argue that im not out there JUST for a kill. i WANT to kill something. i am out there to kill something....but i try to not let the little things pass me by....and realize that there is so much more to hunting than the killing end of it.
Great post ... my point exactly .... it's not just the kill ..... but the kill is THE biggest part in the hunt ..
Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I NEED the KILL .... I see all those pics of deer with Rage holes in them ..... I realize more than ever .... I NEED the kill .... the bigger th hole, the better..

I can do everything with a camera, save the KILL .......

thoughts???????

Crazy Ol Man [8D]
Old 09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ok ok so ive shot targets with Snypers........you got me

honestly, for personal reasons, i wont shoot big game with mechanicals...not to start an arguement....1000000 animals died from them....its just a mental thing with me...the rages seem to have a good track record....but lets just say murphy hates me...and i will be the one on here M-Efin rage the day i shoot a deer with one lol...so i highly doubt i'll ever over come that....

though i do LOVE the holes they make....very impressive...
Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't admit it. [:-] I've used rage broadheads the last two years and i am not impressed.

yes, they make a huge entrance hole but it does you no good when the deer is hit high and there's no exit hole. I much prefer a broadhead that will blast through the bone (and come out the other side).

It happened to me last night. i hit a doe high in the shoulder with muzzy 2 blade. not a good shot, but my penetration was absolutely, flat out terrible. I've had muzzy's blow through shoulders at 170 fps, now i shoot 270 fps and I can't? When that deer was running away I thought the arrow was going to fall out, that's how little of it penetrated. i'm going back to muzzy.

I had a hard time recovering 2 of the 3 deer i've shot with rage.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my first deer with a Rage this year. It was impressive to say the least. An ax would not have done for damage. Ummmm.......Tony, breath in, breath out.....easydoes it bud, don't listen to those voices in your head

Shane
Old 09-30-2008, 08:54 PM

I'll admit it. I love the kill

That's why I am out there right?

True, it's not ALL about the kill. I enjoy just sitting in a stand and watching nature happen, but then I'm ready for bloodshed
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

PT, Your welcome to come down here, We can do some Snipe hunting....
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

that's why EVERYONE wants to shoot the Rage
Lol, not everyone Preacher! Don't get me wrong though, I love big holes In an animal. I shoot a 3 blade COC broad head for the same reason you shoot a Rage.

Quick Reply: The Kill - Revisited .......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.