HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Gas Shortage? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/265605-gas-shortage.html)

7danny 09-30-2008 06:37 AM

Gas Shortage?

In the Charlotte area we are suffering from a gas shortage. On the radio this morning they said the problem is from people filling up even though they have a half tank of gas. The Oil Industry says it will not supply more gas to the area to meet the demand.

What other areas are being affected? Is this affecting your bow hunting?

V8Ranger 09-30-2008 06:44 AM

RE: Gas Shortage?

Nothing like that here in up state NY. Wont affect me, I walk out my back door to hunt and 1/4 driveto other land I hunt.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-30-2008 06:49 AM

Nothing like that here either. Gas is slowly, slowly coming down in price.

nfleming399 09-30-2008 06:49 AM

No, luckily I'm not affected by your particular plight, However I feel for you all down there, its being talked about on the news all the time. But prices of gas have put a pretty good strain on my hunting this year. It's too bad when it becomes such a problem that it hampers us from doing what we love. Luckily even though I live in town i'm not too far from good hunting. danny, hopefully you can save enough to get to work and still go hunting! Lets hope better days are ahead of us!

rybohunter 09-30-2008 06:55 AM

Sometimes I think people make too much a fuss over things. Yes gas has gotten expensive and causes other things to hike in price too, but it really seems like the general public panics at the slightest hint of anything, even if unfounded. Look at the stock market. It doesn’t take much adjustment to come up with gas money, and ways to streamline your budget for most people. I truly feel for those who are maxed out, but it bugs me when I hear people complain about gas, yet blow money on the DUMBEST things without any thought at all.

flstnhd 09-30-2008 07:01 AM

OK here in northern KY. Lexington news however had a story about people in TN driving 40-50 miles into KY due to gas shortage there. Gas was $3.49 gal here yesterday.:D

Badger_Girl93 09-30-2008 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: 7danny

On the radio this morning they said the problem is from people filling up even though they have a half tank of gas.
That radio host sounds kind of bogus. What difference does it make if you fill up when your tank is empty or still half full. You still end up consuming the same amountof gas.

JCNinOKC 09-30-2008 07:10 AM

Around Fort Bragg we are running out of gas. I had to stop at 4 stations on Sunday before finding one with gas.

ostdc 09-30-2008 07:12 AM

When gas starts costing as much/gallon as the beer I drink, then I'll be in trouble.......that would be $9.78/gallon for Summit Extra Pale Ale.
Brian

NY/Al 09-30-2008 07:13 AM

Plenty of gas here, were right around 3.70 for regular.