Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another TN Buck in deer heavan. >

Another TN Buck in deer heavan.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another TN Buck in deer heavan.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:04 PM

Default Another TN Buck in deer heavan.

Interesting story, was hunting over some persimmon trees and had this little guy haul ass right up under my stand and into one of my 3 small shooting holes 5 ft from the base of my tree. When he was coming through the woods I thought he was a different deer that I had been seeing. I couldnt see him leave real well and when i got down and looking at the blood my thoughts were one lung. I left the woods an opposite way and got around about 30 minutes later and I saw the deer that I thought he was get up which made me sick. I went to the house and gave him another hour and a half and went back. I started where i saw the deer get up and found nothing and ended up back back at the blood trail which was into a field when I left it. My blood stopped and I got confused, looked around and he was laying in the field not 40 yards from where I shot him, so definately a good outcome. I have some gore pictures from the exit hole of these new broadheads Im shooting, and you would swear its an exit hole from a rifle. I will show you guys and let ya guess what head it is if the consensus allows for some gore .

Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another TN Buck in deer heavan.

Nice buck, congrats
Old 09-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the buck and welcome to the forums if I missed welcoming you in.

Oh, and here's a great read. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2990611
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TNBowHuntr

I have some gore pictures from the exit hole of these new broadheads Im shooting, and you would swear its an exit hole from a rifle. I will show you guys and let ya guess what head it is if the consensus allows for some gore .

You mean entrance hole? Cause based on that photo, there is no exit hole. And I will guess Rage heads?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 PM

Another

Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Nice buck, congratulations.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats nice deer
Old 09-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

where in TN did you take him
Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM

No the entrance is in the right side of the back halfway down, exit was right under the front of the left shoulder. And its definately not a rage head.[:'(]

Old 09-29-2008, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: TNBowHuntr

Interesting story, was hunting over some persimmon trees and had this little guy haul ass right up under my stand and into one of my 3 small shooting holes 5 ft from the base of my tree. When he was coming through the woods I thought he was a different deer that I had been seeing. I couldn't see him leave real well and when i got down and looking at the blood my thoughts were one lung. I left the woods an opposite way and got around about 30 minutes later and I saw the deer that I thought he was get up which made me sick. I went to the house and gave him another hour and a half and went back. I started where i saw the deer get up and found nothing and ended up back back at the blood trail which was into a field when I left it. My blood stopped and I got confused, looked around and he was laying in the field not 40 yards from where I shot him, so definitely a good outcome. I have some gore pictures from the exit hole of these new broadheads Im shooting, and you would swear its an exit hole from a rifle. I will show you guys and let ya guess what head it is if the consensus allows for some gore .

Those New Balance sneakers look about ready to bite the dust in that photo. Funny how many times I have ruined my good running sneakers after the pure joy of locating a kill. It's like one of thoseMastercard commercials - forgetting to put your bow hunting shoes before you skin your game, priceless.

Quick Reply: Another TN Buck in deer heavan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.