Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech vs. Mathews >

Bowtech vs. Mathews

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech vs. Mathews

Old 09-29-2008, 07:35 PM

Default RE: Bowtech vs. Mathews

I had an 05 Switchback and it was a real pleasure to shoot. Unfortunately I got the SPEED BUG, and traded it in for a HCA Speed Force. I don't regret the trade. I can use 1 pin out to 30yrds w/ 400grn arrows. Haven't shot out to 40 yet, so I don't know how flat it shoots out to 40.
For hunting I like the additional speed, so I'd have to say the Speed Force.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:57 PM

PSE.
I hate how the bowtechs draw, it just doesnt fit me right. And for the record, I dont believe there is a "best" bow. One guy's favorite bow that works great for him may be another guy's nightmare.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: shrewbeer

PSE.
I hate how the bowtechs draw, it just doesnt fit me right. And for the record, I dont believe there is a "best" bow. One guy's favorite bow that works great for him may be another guy's nightmare.
Your wrong, the best bow does exist.

It's in the hand of the guy your talking to. Meaning, what your saying, it varies from archer to archer.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:13 PM

It's like Bugati versus Ferrari. How can you go wrong!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews Switchback

Walked into a heavily biased Bowtech shop. Both the owners shot them, both the owners loved them, both the owners tried to push one on me. I had never shot one before, nor had I ever shot a Mathews before. I shot the Tribute and Allegience, both were no doubt an upgrade over my basic Browning Rage. Then I asked about the Switchback and I had never felt something so smooth. I have since shot the General and Drenalin and once again to ME Mathews wasthe better feelingbow.

In no way could anyone knock either company though. I have friends that have shot both Mathews and Bowtechs and they chose the Bowtech. It's all about that persons personal opinion on what they want fromt their bow.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a 3 Bowtech person. The latest I have is a General. But every time I go purchase another bow, I always shoot the top brands to see if I can change my mind. so far, Bowtech has still had the better feel to me. I must admit, that Katera was close!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews for me....It was a gigantic leap from what I had, a Browning Nitro, or something like that. And it just fits, so I don't see the need to jump on bandwagons, I just stay with what I have.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my brother in law's DXT and it was awesome. That being said, I think the quality difference between top manufacturers is minimal. However, if my Vectrix and my b-i-l's DXT go into a head on collision, I think mine would win.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was shooting Mathews before BT was a company, never had a problem with em so why switch.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Banned

Whatever you like is the best. I am really happy with my 2007 Guardian and my 2006 Tribute and am done trading for now..can't justify the trade when these shoot awesome for me.

Quick Reply: Bowtech vs. Mathews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.