Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 octane hostage pro >

octane hostage pro

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

octane hostage pro

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default octane hostage pro

Well guys let me tell you i was an avid whisker biscuit user.. i swore by it and said i would never change, well after 5yrs , i decided to try the hostage pro, i love it, i shoot a 1 pin hha optimizer sight, i was shooting about 3 inches higher at 40 yds with my new rest and i had to move my sight because i shot to the left about 4 inches.... so its not a huge change, but my fletchings dont hit anything.. i shot about 150 shots this weekend, and i love it...now im not trashing the whisker by any means, i loved that rest and im not selling it, because if i develop a problem with my hostage pro, the ole biscuit is going back on..... _________________________
Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: octane hostage pro

Wilk, honestly I totally get the concept of the WB but for the life of me I cannot figure out why anyone would want all that arrow/fletch contact (although equal) on their arrow. I honestly think the Hostage Pro solved that. Full containment without fletch contact.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good point Rob but I believe it has alot to do with the sense of security that the rest provides. I still have WB on one of my bows and the Hostage Pro on the other. Both are great rests and I plan on continuing to use the full containment design in the future.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a WB, but my son has the Hostage and if I ever get extra money to spend on a rest, I will get the Hostage Pro. Very nice rest.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen issues with brush wear on the Hostage that seems premature, buddy of mine had issues withing 500 shots or so, he ended up finding out this was becoming common and called octane whosent him new brushes. Nice to see they back their product, I am sure they will work the bugs out!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

pa/bowhunter, thats exactly what it is, its a security thing that i just love, i actually missed a shot on a real nice 8 pointer about 6yrs ago ,due to a limb that knocked my arrow off of my rest , then i put a whisker biscuit on and its been great ever since, until now, i really like the hostage pro, but i wont bad mouth the biscuit, i understand my fletching drags threw whiskers, but it always shot good for hunting, if i was a serious tournament shooter , then i would have shot something else...thanks for the feedback..
Old 09-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Spike

I had the hostage pro on my Rock and had to switch it out with a drop away. I had my new bow for only about two weeks and already had to replace brushes. My wifes uncle deals bowtec and diamond so he sent me new brushes. Same problem. Love the concept but design needs work