HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   On a different note... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/265404-different-note.html)

LittleChief 09-28-2008 07:45 PM

On a different note...

I hunted on my lease behind the house this evening. I saw quite a few deer, two of which presented a shot. They were walking together single file, and I glassed the first deer andsaw it was a doe. I didn't glass the second deer since I knew it would be a doe. Right? I was going to take the lead doe when she got into thelane but noticed the one behind her was bigger, so I thought that maybe this one was another small one. I decided to pass on the first one and I let her cross the lane andjust before thesecond one walked into the laneI came to full draw. It walked out and it was a1 1/2 year old 4 point! As soon as I saw that, I let down, chewed myself out mentally, and watched them walk away. I should have taken the first one.[>:]

Dr Andy 09-28-2008 07:50 PM

RE: On a different note...

Ah, 20/20 hindsight.

LittleChief 09-28-2008 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

Ah, 20/20 hindsight.
:D:D Ain't in the truth! Probably just as well. I'd have been up until about 11:00 or 12:00 getting her cut up anyway.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-28-2008 08:09 PM

THE RUT IS ON. He was chasin right?;)[8D]:D It's just a matter of time til we see the first one. LOL

LittleChief 09-28-2008 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

THE RUT IS ON. He was chasin right?;)[8D]:D It's just a matter of time til we see the first one. LOL
:D I honestly thought the momma's would have driven the young bucks away by now. That's why I was so surprised that it was a buck.

NY/Al 09-28-2008 08:16 PM

I was thinkin about making a RUT IS ON post, just so everyone knows this place hasnt changed lol.[8D]

That is an interesting encounter, i have seen the same thing a time or two, it is odd...

LittleChief 09-28-2008 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

I was thinkin about making a RUT IS ON post, just so everyone knows this place hasnt changed lol.[8D]

That is an interesting encounter, i have seen the same thing a time or two, it is odd...
Who knows? Maybe this is just an example of adeer version of a"momma's boy":D

NY/Al 09-28-2008 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Who knows? Maybe this is just an example of adeer version of a"momma's boy":D
Whats gonna happen when the rut comes??

Incest is the best!!![:-]

solocamcan 09-28-2008 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

I hunted on my lease behind the house this evening. I saw quite a few deer, two of which presented a shot. They were walking together single file, and I glassed the first deer andsaw it was a doe. I didn't glass the second deer since I knew it would be a doe. Right? I was going to take the lead doe when she got into thelane but noticed the one behind her was bigger, so I thought that maybe this one was another small one. I decided to pass on the first one and I let her cross the lane andjust before thesecond one walked into the laneI came to full draw. It walked out and it was a1 1/2 year old 4 point! As soon as I saw that, I let down, chewed myself out mentally, and watched them walk away. I should have taken the first one.[>:]
I seen something similar tonight, 3 bucks ranging from somewhere around 80" up to 155" with a single Doe in a picked bean field (eating) Iknow that the rut is no where close to happening, but I did find it odd. Unless that Doe was a button buck? I hope to see deer like this Oct 1st:D