Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SUCCESS!!!!  My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!! >

SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

Congrats on his first!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

great job, to you and your friend
great first deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
back strap boogie
Old 09-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Shoot, on state land in Michigan that would be considered a Monster. Nice job, the smaller ones are more tasty and tender.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the kind words guys, and yes the meat is VERY tender, and the deer was small, but to him it was the MOST EXCITING kill he's ever had. He comes from a background where hunting mainly consisted of deer drives and lobbing lead at every (yes EVERY) deer that ran by. So this is definitely a step in the right direction as far as I am concerned. If you've never got to be there and watch someone else get their first archery (crossbow) kill, it's pretty exciting to the observer hoping to get that person addicted to the sport too!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Thanks for the kind words guys, and yes the meat is VERY tender, and the deer was small, but to him it was the MOST EXCITING kill he's ever had. He comes from a background where hunting mainly consisted of deer drives and lobbing lead at every (yes EVERY) deer that ran by. So this is definitely a step in the right direction as far as I am concerned. If you've never got to be there and watch someone else get their first archery (crossbow) kill, it's pretty exciting to the observer hoping to get that person addicted to the sport too!!!!
Doug, that there is one of the most rewarding things ever. Congrats to him on his first and to you for increasing our numbers by one. I too have a new hunter inthe works. We shall see how it works out this weeekend.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

First this guy is either HIGH as balls or Is tired as hell. And nice buck still a spike.

As one of our member signatures say let him go to let him grow.
Perhaps he is high on his newfound passion? I say congrats- I am still 0 for 0 in bowhunting and I would have nailed that buck too! Throw those steaks in the crockpot and celebrate!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:41 AM

Great way to start what will most likely be a lifelong obsession. Pass along the welcome to the club from me...
Old 09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your buddy. Glad you could be a part of it. Congrats to you on getting another involved. In my books any kill with a bow is rewarding.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like I tell all of the first timers. You will remember that one for the rest of your life. Congrats to you buddy.

But wake him up please.

Quick Reply: SUCCESS!!!! My buddy got this little spike on his first ever archery hunt this morning!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.