Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews DXT!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Matthews DXT!!!

My best friend has one and he loves it. If I had the money I would buy that bow. I shoots so nice.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where is lknhuntress and her story!She must be in her treestand SHHHHHH....We look forward to a clip from her and chopper...we all know we'll see a solid turkey video for 2009
Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

I have a DXT and I love it I am taking it out taking it out this weekend.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

What about speed and KE. Are you using one Pin at 20? 30? Etc.
i set mine up with a black gold 4 pin, set from 20 to 50 yards. as for speed, i'm shooting a 27 1/2 draw length, maxed out draw weight at 73#, 400 grain victory v force arrows, and mine clocks at 286. i'd like to get closer to 300, but with my shorter draw length thats not likely to happen unless i go to a lighter arrow, which i don't want to do. a heavier arrow stays on track better in wind,makes your bow quieter,hits harder and creates more KE. or so i'm told, i'm not an expert. i don't know what kind of KE i'm getting, can anyone tell me around how much KE i should have with this setup?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

i set mine up with a black gold 4 pin, set from 20 to 50 yards. as for speed, i'm shooting a 27 1/2 draw length, maxed out draw weight at 73#, 400 grain victory v force arrows, and mine clocks at 286. i'd like to get closer to 300, but with my shorter draw length thats not likely to happen unless i go to a lighter arrow, which i don't want to do. a heavier arrow stays on track better in wind,makes your bow quieter,hits harder and creates more KE. or so i'm told, i'm not an expert. i don't know what kind of KE i'm getting, can anyone tell me around how much KE i should have with this setup?
~70-72 ppsi
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

~70-72 ppsi
thanks, thats pretty good right?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the posts about the DXT! I've been thinking about getting one for a while; however,I just spoke to Mathews, and the2009 bows are set tobe released in mid November. According to them, dealers will have all the info at that time, and it will be posted on their website as well.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont own one but have shot a DXT several times and all i can say is that I WANT ONE. They sell here for locally for $810. Just where in NC do they sell for $639? Send me the address and name of store. PLEASE
Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gregrn43

I dont own one but have shot a DXT several times and all i can say is that I WANT ONE. They sell here for locally for $810. Just where in NC do they sell for $639? Send me the address and name of store. PLEASE
$810??? Bud, not sure where in Arkansas you are, butI'd make a trip across the state line, they sell for about $130 less than that in Oklahoma. FWIW I love my DXT but I'd still wait to see what the '09 lineup looks like.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

~70-72 ppsi
thanks, thats pretty good right?
Yeah, thats realy good.

Quick Reply: Matthews DXT!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.