Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wearing a harness >

wearing a harness

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wearing a harness

Old 09-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default wearing a harness

I know this is going to get me in trouble with you guys but i would like to know a answer.
I was going to call hunter safety systems. But figured they would give me the normal company answer.
i am as some of you know 446 pounds. i am head down but i am there now.

i have not been able to find a harness to fit me. The ones that came with the stand fit me but when i stood up it would keep me from being able to stand so i figured it would hurt me more then it would help.

After looking at the hunter safety system i think it might fit. but the weight limit is 300 pounds. do you think it would hold me or is it bad idea since i weigh so much more then the weight limit
Old 09-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wearing a harness

yes i think it would . they are over rated to be on the safe side for law suits. it would probably hold 3 times the rating before failure but i'm sure you are well over there claim
to be liable . as far as the being able to stand you could use a system like i have that came with my summit that has an adjustable knot to lengthen or shorten the tether line.
it works great for me
Old 09-27-2008, 03:05 PM

I feel like if you can't find one that is rated high enough then get the highest rated one. It will have a better chance of stopping a fall than no harness.

also check this ( http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHB_en___US208&q=fall+arrest+sys tems) you may be able to find a system designed for another application that can be adapted to the woods.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

when i was a kid i got in some trouble and had to do probation. one thing i had to do was a teams course which is to build team work one thing we didd was run robe corses which is like high wire acts we had to walk balance beams 20 foot high and slide down cables. they had a firemans harness for me. Wish i could find one of those it worked great.
ORIGINAL: ChesapeakeHunter

I feel like if you can't find one that is rated high enough then get the highest rated one. It will have a better chance of stopping a fall than no harness.

also check this ( http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHB_en___US208&q=fall+arrest+sys tems) you may be able to find a system designed for another application that can be adapted to the woods.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

when i was a kid i got in some trouble and had to do probation. one thing i had to do was a teams course which is to build team work one thing we didd was run robe corses which is like high wire acts we had to walk balance beams 20 foot high and slide down cables. they had a firemans harness for me. Wish i could find one of those it worked great.
ORIGINAL: ChesapeakeHunter

Check police and fire equipment sites, just be prepared to get hosed on the price. If you find one you like look for it on ebay or other places first to try and find it cheaper.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I just did a quick search on the Internet, thinking that perhaps a professional lineman's belt might work for you. You might want to check out some of the many sites that sell these. Merely as a reference for you, I found this one that is rated to 400# and is only $37.
http://www.discountsafetygear.com/wosaha.html
Just a thought for you.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey thanks i will give them a call tomorrow. i bet they can custom make me one even if there not big enough
ORIGINAL: Trex

I just did a quick search on the Internet, thinking that perhaps a professional lineman's belt might work for you. You might want to check out some of the many sites that sell these. Merely as a reference for you, I found this one that is rated to 400# and is only $37.
http://www.discountsafetygear.com/wosaha.html
Just a thought for you.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would give Dave and the folks at HSS a call. Im sure they will be upfront with you and give you some options.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Typical Buck

I believe that skimping on safety equipment is little careless.This equipmentcould be the difference between life and death....I don't throw my money around, but a good, dependable, safety harness is worth the $$ in my eyes. My wife and I wear Hunter safety systems and feel very comforted by the security they provide. I believe mine was about $85 and the wife could fit into the youth weight range and it was about $75. I would spend $160 a million times over to save the lives of the ones I love, even demanded that my father buy one and turns out he loves it too!! Hope you find a system that works for you, but be sure to get a quality product and hunt safe, good luck!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Typical Buck

This post will probably get me in trouble and have some nasty comments, but after a year or more of reading your posts i have to say it and I'm sure many of you agree. They SUCK!!!!! Stop posting NONSENSE!!

Quick Reply: wearing a harness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.