Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TN Buck down!

Old 09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default TN Buck down!

I'm pretty pumped right now guys, I was able to take a buck with my bow! Which is a great accomplishment anyday if you ask me.

Story:

My hunting buddy and I woke up this morning at about 5:15, and I hopped into the shower. I was out and reaedy to go by 5:40. We were hunting behind my house so we had just a mere 5min walk. I was settled in arrow nocked and ready to go in my stand at 6:00. The next hour had to be the longest one in my life.

We were able to get setup in our stands without bumping any deer, and I had told my buddy that IF we could get in without running any deer out, we would DEFINATELY see deer. Boy was I right

I stood up right at first light and stood about 45mins and promptly sat back down at about 7:45. I decided to stand again at 8:00, just because I "had that feeling" about the morning. It was "misting" ever so slightly and was overcast. One of my favorite times to be on stand.

I was looking to my right and facing that way, and was looking up the hill. Which is where the deer usually come from. At about 8:10, I heard a twig snap from what seemed right under me. I looked over my left shoulder and I had a deer right under me. I noticed right away that it was the 4pt from my trail camera photos and didn't hesitate to reach for my bow.

I came to full draw, maaah'd him to a stop at about 12 yards, quartering away pretty good, and layed about the best arrow I could have shot into him. You guys can see where it entered in the pictures, and it exited on the opposite armpit. I smoked him and he took off full speed down the hill. I heard what I thought was a crash but wasn't sure. I KNEW I had smoked him so I wasn't too worried. I got to my buddies stand and he said he saw him go down, (we weren't but 60yds apart).

He said it was one of the coolest things he's experienced, seeingand hearing me arrow the deer.

For the fun of it we went to where I shot him and trailed him to his final resting place. The Rage definately didn't disappoint.

So what do you think he will score? Rob, GMMAT?

Not the biggest out there, but I'm extremely pleased.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TN Buck down!

Congrats [8D]

49 inches.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

congrats

Old 09-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job, great story!
Congrats young man
Old 09-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a fine deer!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats!!! Great story!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

WTG, nice hole you left in him.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:34 PM

Congratulations on a great deer! Nice shot too! Looks like those Rage broadheads really opened him up!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats

Old 09-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a fine bow kill! You should be proud.
DW

Quick Reply: TN Buck down!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.