Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Treestand tip for those with lower back pain.... >

Treestand tip for those with lower back pain....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand tip for those with lower back pain....

Old 09-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Treestand tip for those with lower back pain....

Dang Hoyt Viper---that sounds like no joke having pain like that...I went from playing football for 17 years and weightlifting like crazy to wrestling until I was around 30 years old. Lots of old injuries that make my back hurt every now and then...another thing I bought recently is an inversion table. I just have to set it up and I will begin to hang for a few minutes each day to loosen my spine up. Nothing too debilitating now, just want to keep my spine nice and healthy. I do have two bulging discs in my lower two discs and probably some arthritis in my mid-back/neck from all the years of squatting 500 lbs and getting my neck twisted in wrestling.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

I wear a neoprene(I think) back support while stand hunting. It wraps around my waist and then it has 2 straps that start in the middle of the back and you stretch those toward the front to give some more support. It resembles the back braces you see people that deliver a lot of goods(soda truck drivers, ups, etc.) without the shoulder straps.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a man girdle?!!
[/quote]

And I carry them in my man purse.[:-]
[/quote]
Man purse = Fanny Pack
Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

Brett,

Not sure if I ever told you but I have two levels of my lower back fused with titanium rods and screws. This happened 10 years ao and the amount of pain killers I have been on for years ended in February when they implanted a catheter into my spinal chord dripping Dilaudid (above morphine) 24/7. I havelower pain problems alright. If my dr knew I was climbing trees and carrying a 30 pound sack on my back during season, he would have my ass!

I praise you for those little things people find to make it a little comfy, but I just rely on my Medtronic Pain infusion pump and Im feeling better, including a few percocet to make the loner days feel a bit better.

Nice invention. I bought the recliner chair for my favorite stand last year and it fits my rump fine for 3-4 hours, and then I will stand for a couple hours, and then sit back down.
i have the medtronic spinal cord stimulator implanted in my back. mine is actually for shoulder pain (which I think started from bow hunting) though. They are great little inventions, that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!