Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anti Group Writes Letters to Local Papers >

Anti Group Writes Letters to Local Papers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anti Group Writes Letters to Local Papers

Old 09-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anti Group Writes Letters to Local Papers

Rob, I'm not sure of the responses. None have been in my local paper, but lots of papers in the state apparently. You can be sure I'll write one if they do or maybe even if they don't. First, though, I'm working on a letter to the paper for all these protestors at the Republication National Convention who claimed their right to free speech was taken away when they were arrested for throwing pee and poop bombs at delegates and police. The gist of that one is you have no right to free speech if you try to take someone else's away from them. K, I'm done.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

My religion teacher is an anti-hunter. I just dont bring it up to avoid confrontation, because even when that facts are on your side, they have the final say, and cmon, confirmation party=$$$
I challenge people when they want to spread anit hunting messages. Take the link in this post, it talks about 333 hunting related accidents from 2004-2005 with 41% being fatal. This is reason to stop hunting? According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, it is estimated that 130 people die yearly from vehicle collisions with deers. There are one and a half million deer/vehicle accidents per year. This results in nearly 30,000 injuries and over one billion dollars in health insurance claims. Deers also carry ticks which are transmitters of the deadly Lyme disease. Lyme disease infects around 13,000 people on yearly basis.

Now think if we abolished hunting, more deer on vehicle accidents, more spread of lyme diease and whatever else mother nature does to help thin the herd.
I can see if someone has hunted and developed a viewpoint against it, hunting is not for everyone. It is when one has never fired a gun, shot a bow or even gone fishing that they are a true biggot for campaigning against one of our strongest links to our forefathers.
Don't back down, stand for what you believe in or others will overpower you and take it away!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:19 PM

Hunting will never end, they are fighting a lost cause!!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BrownBow33

Hunting will never end, they are fighting a lost cause!!
Don't take that stance, you might wake up to find something taken away. They've stopped spring bear hunting in Ontario. I bet no one thought that would happen. Many places we are getting things back, like NJ when they realized bears are overpopulating and causing grief BUT, don't be naive and think it can't happen. Always stand willing to fight.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

We are beginning to have an increasing bear and coyote population in Northern Virginia.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

i emailed them and nicely asked why they feel that hunting is wrong and why they feel people should be able to disturb hunter doing something legal If i get a response i will post it
Old 09-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like some of the anti crap that goes on here in California...the land of anti-everything just about!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Every time i read something like this i just want to invite them to dinner and feed them some good spaghetti sauce or sausage and watch them enjoy it and them show them pics of me cleaning the deer the day before. It just really pisses me off!!!!![:@]
Old 09-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey when is dinner i will help you clean that deer before we eat it
ORIGINAL: jimmy28303

Every time i read something like this i just want to invite them to dinner and feed them some good spaghetti sauce or sausage and watch them enjoy it and them show them pics of me cleaning the deer the day before. It just really pisses me off!!!!![:@]