Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 have you ever seen this deer? >

have you ever seen this deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

have you ever seen this deer?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default have you ever seen this deer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMz_b...eature=related

the Dan Miller buck?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: have you ever seen this deer?

wow what a buck
Old 09-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live around many Amish folks, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather see get a huge buck. Good on him.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:31 AM

yes I have seen it, it was featured on monster bucks,The outdoor channel show
Old 09-26-2008, 05:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Wiggy

I live around many Amish folks, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather see get a huge buck. Good on him.
Amish in TN must be different than in PA then because here, that deer would have been poached by them and I have ZERO respect for them.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Amish in TN must be different than in PA then because here, that deer would have been poached by them and I have ZERO respect for them.
I'm with you on that Rob. We have a pretty good Amish population down here, and they pretty much wipe out the herd on the land they own. Of course they have like 1,000 crop damage tags among them, so deer are fair game for them anytime anywhere. Matter of fact, one just took a nice 8 point 3 weeks ago locally. Well word got around and the game warden paid him a visit, heclaims he didn't see the antlers! If he couldn't see the antlers he shouldn't be aloud to own firearms! Well of course all the game warden did was take the rack and give him a warning, and let him keep the meat. This is a big reason everyone hastheir ground posted and we see a lot less deer these days.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive heard the same thing, it seems though that the further North you get into amish country the better they are, I have been real good friends with alot of amish folks in WI. One family happnes to be a Miller. His family bought our original homestead back in the late 60's early 70's. I have a great Amish friend that loves to go fishing and huntingwith me and my neighbor, hes a card I tell ya. Actually his entire family is just absolutely great, they dont seem like amish, just regular old folks that still do things the old way, and its great.Me andCharlie help them out as much as we can anytime they need a little help. We dont ask for anything in return. Just great to help out good friends.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

something you guys need to think about is these people do not go down to the local store and buy beef they might need all the deer they kill for food.
ORIGINAL: mikeshunk

I'm with you on that Rob. We have a pretty good Amish population down here, and they pretty much wipe out the herd on the land they own. Of course they have like 1,000 crop damage tags among them, so deer are fair game for them anytime anywhere. Matter of fact, one just took a nice 8 point 3 weeks ago locally. Well word got around and the game warden paid him a visit, heclaims he didn't see the antlers! If he couldn't see the antlers he shouldn't be aloud to own firearms! Well of course all the game warden did was take the rack and give him a warning, and let him keep the meat. This is a big reason everyone hastheir ground posted and we see a lot less deer these days.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow Mikeshunk thats a pretty broad statement. Your basically saying that Amish shouldnt have the right to take deer throughout the year to keep deer from causing thousands and thousands of dollars to their crops. I know what its like to lose acres of crops do to over populated deer. One year we lost 60 acres of corn because of deer. That was $2880.00 just in seed alone then add herbicide, pesticide, fertilizer and fuel. Byt the time everything was said and done we lost close to $10,000 just in the crop that was planted. If it hadnt been inured we would have been screwed, we had to buy corn that year. Just becasue he couldnt see the antlers does not make him a bad hunter, he made a mistake, we all make mistakes. And not all Amish are poachers, most of them are very good people and respect the land, and the animals they take. These people work harder than any of us ever will just to survive. I have the utmost respect for them.

ORIGINAL: mikeshunk

Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

I understand that they should be able to take care of there crops, but do they give out crop damage permits for bear? They do a ton of damage to corn fields around here, more so then deer. And I know a lot of non-Amish farmers around here don't kill everything that moves. I understand the they each have like 20 kids, so there are a lot of mouths to feed and all, but they are farmers, raise a couple beef cattle like every other farmer around here does. I know they work harder then most of us, but they have been getting a bad reputation around here lately, not up keeping there property and letting them look like crap, not mending fences and their cattle are out constantly. And, believe it or not, there was actually a ring of about 20 of them, younger ones, there were involved in a bunch of robbery incidents. So right now a lot of them have a pretty bad rep. around here.

Quick Reply: have you ever seen this deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.