Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hit a doe

Old 09-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I hit a doe

I know everystate has some but PA seems to be the Pike county of em.[:-]

And I've always wondered what happens in these peoples every day life that they find to embarrassing to talk about? What happens that they don't feel should be public knowledge.
It must have something to do with the anonymities of the INTERNET that brings out the best of them.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

And I've always wondered what happens in these peoples every day life that they find to embarrassing to talk about? What happens that they don't feel should be public knowledge.
It must have something to do with the anonymities of the INTERNET that brings out the best of them.
I REALLY need to remember not to bust out laughing here at work. I'm surrounded by doctors offices.[:@]

That first line got me good though.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

i'm not trying to rip this guy or anything, although personally i would never take that shot, but really can't people read? matt provided a post a month or so ago addressing this very subject....if you post something like this expect to get flamed
This is actually the TEXTBOOK post I was describing.......

-Little known member (that's sort of irrelevant but seems to be the pattern?)
-Young
-Long range "hail mary" shot (or too dark is another good one)
-Lets throw in some brush to shoot through for giggles
-found blood but no clue about much of anything else to relay to us(not sure how long of a wait to track?)
-At home typing about it when it should sound like crap in his head as it's being typed
-Now going to leave the deer overnight whichat this point wouldn't besuch a bad move.........except the weather in PA is going to suck for 2 days.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
Good luck bud you made the bed so you have to lie in it.........check the weather and decide your next move from there.
If I was close by I'd try to help you out of this mess but all I can do is hope you somehow made a miracle happen.
I'm out.

When I started reading this thread, your post came to mind right away. Hope he finds his deer......

Shane
Old 09-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I don't care who you are, that was funny. I started baggin up at work....

Shane
Old 09-26-2008, 12:52 PM

Well, Mr. Sutton has not posted in this thread yet today. Hopefully, he's got a pair of backstraps on ice. We do appreciate pics, best of luck to ya.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sutton

to day me and my dadwent out late around 5:45.we were hoping to get an hour or two in the stand since it gets dark at 7:45. I was on my way to my tree and i spooked a doe. she ran up the hill. My dad was hunting way down about a mile to my right. I figured i would try to get in front of her. This way i could either get a shot or i would push her toward my dad and he might see her. I went up top the hill where there is a field and she was standing there. I looked at her stoped and she ran. I followed her and got to about 50 60 yards away. She stood there I pulled back and let an arrow fly. I see it go but i heard a smack i had to shoot through some brush so i thought i had missed. I waited and then went to look for my arrow. I found no arrow but i did find some blood. I followed the blood trail for about 40 50 yards then it got to dark and i was just about in someone yard so i decided to wait until tomorrow since it will be cold tonight No sleep for me tonight.
What was the point of even posting this?
Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 PM

I hope he found it. I cant say anything about the shot because i took a 55 yard shot at a fox 2 nights ago. I knew i was going to get it though. Ive been shooting my bow at every range imaginable from 6 to 60 yards. I hit the fox about 2in forward and broke its right shoulder and back whyle puncturing the lungs.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never mind.

I give up.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

...okaaaaay.

Sutton, I was trying to help. And I've seen you lurking, and you've said nothing[:@]

Whatever.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Never mind.

I give up.
Sorry, Greg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.