Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hit a doe

Old 09-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I hit a doe

Im not going to tell you anything that has already been said but you made a bad choice and I hope you find the deer. Most hunters on here wont shoot at anything outside their comfort range no matter how good of a shot they are and how many 3D titles they hold. My comfort range is 30 yards, would I take a shot at 40, probably not. I dont care if its the last day or not. Can I hit my target accurately at 40 yards, yes. But is it worth wounding an animal over, no. I think you can see what we are all getting at. I pray that you find some sign and hopefully find that deer but you need to find the arrow first and blood and let us know what the blood looks like so we can help you out as much as we can. Keep us up to date and good luck.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope his attempt at first light this morn was a success.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do too, Ben.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Considering how much it rained here all night?..........if it was the same his way then it was a "body search".

If we get an "I looked for an hr but couldn't find any sign so now I'm at home picking my nose" I think I'll bite my keyboard in half.[:@]

Here's to hoping for happy endings with maybe a lesson learned but I'm a realist.....it's doubtful.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

I call BS on the whole story, just doesn't add up
Old 09-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Guys, really?

The arrow can't be taken back. There is a deer with an arrow in her or through her

Bad shot selection, no doubt. But I'm pretty sure if you shoot at a deer you can't take it back in mid air. It's done.

So why don't we help point out HOW to go about it, instead of bringing up his INCREDIBLY HORRIBLE shot selection.

Just sayin'

Any reason you aren't out there right now, sutton?

Kyle,
If i read it right i think he shot the doe less that 2 hours ago (when your post was made). If he was unsure of the shot should he really be out there looking at this point
Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

I call BS on the whole story, just doesn't add up
This is in PA believe me it happens all to often. We seem to produce a class of hunters that most would find objectionable.

See how nice I said that Matt?
Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Spike

Needless to say, you royally messed up. Sometimes there are things that just shouldn't be said.

Bring out the army. Sounds like the blood trail, if there was any, will be long gone given the rain. Go grab as many friends as you can get and find that deer. If it means getting on your hands and knees looking for the next clue, then do it. And just for your sake, if you don't spend a lot of time out there looking for it, it's probably a good idea to lay low and not even post anything about it, otherwise we'll eat you for breakfast.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Well, if this is a real post, I don't think it is going to end good, and most likely we will never know unless he actually finds it and comes backhere andsays so. If he is already hunting in PA, he is in a special reg. area, possibly around Pittsburgh? He said he was almost in someone's yard when he quite looking. I really hope this deer isn't running around a heavily populated area with an arrow hanging out if it. [:'(]
Old 09-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

This is in PA believe me it happens all to often. We seem to produce a class of hunters that most would find objectionable.

See how nice I said that Matt?
They're everywhere, Jim. PA doesn't have a monopoly on them. I've lived all over this country, and this is one of the trueconstants: No matter where you go, they're there. You may not see them right away, but they're there, and they'll make their presence known soon enough.

By the way, your post was very polite and politically correct. How many edits did it take to come up with a final draft?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.