Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DIY processors...anyone have the Cabela's meat grinder? >

DIY processors...anyone have the Cabela's meat grinder?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DIY processors...anyone have the Cabela's meat grinder?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DIY processors...anyone have the Cabela's meat grinder?

guys in his defense it looks like it has already been ground once.
ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Im not sure what he's doing, but I basically do the same thing you do as far as letting it go through by itself! I apply pressure to run it faster because I always seem to be in a hurry!!

Finch~~ I am sorry I didnt get a chance to check for the model today, I will get to it for you though!!

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Looks to me like he's pushing pretty hard to get the stuff through...which is fine if you don't mind that. With my LEM, I put the meat in hopper and let it go on it's own. Every now and then I may have to give it a little help, but rarely and not much.

I feel I keep repeating myself here as of lately about grinders but here goes. I bought a cheap $70-$80 electric 1/3 hp grinder from Wal-mart last year and have put 3-4 deer through it so far and absolutely love it! It grinds up as fast as I can feed it and havent had it bog out yet on me and I have tried to "Test" its durability!! I wouldnt think twice about picking up another one!!
Itis not heavy, easy to move around, simple, easy to clean, and just plain easy!! It might be worth checking out!!??

Asfar as the Cabelas grinder a buddyup the street bought a1hp last year and he has done a few deer and so far so good, helped them grind 2 deer and make some bologna with theres last year and it did really well! It shouldhave though for the price, but if I had the extra cash I would probably have one, the only downfall is it is heavy to lug around but no biggie!!

I stole this pic from Chuck7....he is using the same exact grinder I have in this pic. In all of his reviews I have heard him talk about he has'nt had any complaints either....!!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Finch~~ I am sorry I didnt get a chance to check for the model today, I will get to it for you though!!
No problem man. Whenever you get a chance.Thanks!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Spike

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?id=0029507&navCount=1&parentId =cat280028&masterpathid=&navAction=push&am p;cmCat=MainCatcat602009-cat280028&parentType=index&indexId=cat2800 28&rid=

My wife bought me this one for my birthday last year. It's had 4 deer through it and it worked great for me. I do cut the meat up into fairly small pieces before I start grinding but I have had good luck. It's not the top of the line so if you are going to need something that can do a lot of meat at one time you might want to look at more of the commercial line.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

the guy who said i could use his grinder could not find it if he can not it think i might have to buy that i like stuff that says cabelas on it
ORIGINAL: frog5533

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?id=0029507&navCount=1&parentId =cat280028&masterpathid=&navAction=push&am p;cmCat=MainCatcat602009-cat280028&parentType=index&indexId=cat2800 28&rid=

My wife bought me this one for my birthday last year. It's had 4 deer through it and it worked great for me. I do cut the meat up into fairly small pieces before I start grinding but I have had good luck. It's not the top of the line so if you are going to need something that can do a lot of meat at one time you might want to look at more of the commercial line.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finch~~ That grinder is a DAC technologies. 120V 575 Watt Electric

Model# EMP-255
1-800-920-0098
www.dactech.com

I tried that website but all I can find in their site is gun safes and cleaning supplies?? They say that Wal-Mart,K-Mart, Cabelas, etc...carry there line of stuff??

Maybe if your interested enough you can call there 1-800#???

Hope this helps!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

I used the Kitchen Aid grinder last year and it works very well. My buddies wife had the mixer so I just had to get the grinder attachment......she was thrilled that we used he mixer to grind up some wild hogs.....
Old 09-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Fork Horn

My father-in-law has the cabelas 11/2hp and it does ok but for the money I thought it would do a better job. Motor does tend to get overheated if you have alot of fat mixed in with your venison.That said we both used kitchen aids for years and they did ok but the Cabelas grinders does it faster. I got lucky and found a 2hp Hobart grinder in a thrift store for $75 and it was the best money spent. I grind usually 50 or so pounds at a time and it takes longer to package it than to grind it.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:08 AM

Finch~~ That grinder is a DAC technologies. 120V 575 Watt Electric

Model# EMP-255
1-800-920-0098
www.dactech.com

I tried that website but all I can find in their site is gun safes and cleaning supplies?? They say that Wal-Mart,K-Mart, Cabelas, etc...carry there line of stuff??

Maybe if your interested enough you can call there 1-800#???

Hope this helps!!!!
Thanks for getting that info. I'll look into it.