Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK >

SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Old 09-24-2008, 08:23 AM

Default RE: SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Considering the deer is shot in the neck, and the head moves, how do we know what angle the deer's head was on when that arrow? What if the deer was broadside looking to the right and the shot was way off? Tough to tell, and like said, we shouldn't be judging anything about the shooter. Just a shame that the buck was lost.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

The twothings we know for sure is that the guy wasn't shootinghigh fenceddeer & he hadn't read any of these rage posts.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

That is a shame.

Unless there was a deflection of some sort...I don't understand how anyone could make such a horrible shot![:-]
Old 09-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Thats too bad ........ at least you found him
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

As was said, you have no idea what may have happened and we like to give the benefit of the doubt until we have good reason to do otherwise.
Last year I had a mature doe at 20 yards, perfectly broadside and decided to take her. I stood, drew my bow, put the pin on the sweet spot and just as I shot she moved and turned her head toward me. My arrow went directly into her head, right between the eyes. She dropped like a rock, but it took a second shot to kill her. I felt awful, but it happens. Hunt long enough and something will happen to you as well.

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

I know we cant find the person who shot that buck..But I wish diarrhea upon the person who shot that deer so poorly.
Or I nominate his for an OFFICIAL SACK KICK AND COMPLETE REVOCATION OF HIS MAN CARD.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

ORIGINAL: badassbowtech

Looks good shots go bad, but look at the angle. And we're not the ethics police, but we do have to say something is wrong when it's wrong. It takes 1000 good things hunter do to erase one bad thing. In the eye's of most of the public,a shot like that is what gets the anti-hunters ammo to come after hunters. It's hard enough to win over a land owner so you can hunt their land, without things like this. Now am I saying that this just wasn't a good shot gone bad, .....,...no. But why would you take a shot like that?
No I understand. It's just upsetting to see that. I know things going wrong. No biggy, it's just bummer to see.

badassbowtech, I don't think you're getting my point. Or I'm missing something in your's, I don't know.
But what I'm trying to say is that he may have had a broadside shot in the middle of a field, and just made a bad shot. Ever heard the saying "sh** happens"?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that is very disappionting to see that some shmuck took a shoot like that.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had shots go bad. Not proud of it at all. All the practice in the world won't eliminate nerves and buck fever. Maybe the archer flinched at the last minute. Maybe the deer ducked and turned. Maybe the arrow deflected on a branch, or maybe the shooter intentionally took a bad shot. Lets hope it's the former options.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

broad head lodged into the throat pretty good, looks like there was food coming out of the hole, what a waist. Who the heck is oneshotlightout?
Hes an ass who shoots deer in the head at 55 yards and then brags about it to all of us...And he expects us to accept an unethical shot. maybe he will go commit suicide tonight.
Grow up, or quit running your mouth. Is the above, in bold, something to joke about? Honestly?

How old are you, 10?

..It really sucks about the deer. Who knows what happened. Either way, not good, it sucks that he had to suffer like that.

Quick Reply: SAD LOSS, Found wounded BUCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.