Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting rid of dead bodies.... >

Getting rid of dead bodies....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting rid of dead bodies....

Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Getting rid of dead bodies....

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: shrewbeer

One thing I overlooked. What do you all do with your carcasses? I couldnt think of a decent place to get rid of it, so I dumped it in a known coyote stomping grounds. I hate to feed coyotes, but I really couldnt think of anything better to do with it.
We usually take them out in the middle of the desert and bury them ....ya can't have the Feds find 'em .........oh! you're talking about DEER!!!! [8D]
Ohhhh....so thats why Uncle Tooch keeps that shovel in the Fleetwoods trunk!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can bag them up and have them picked up with the trash, but the woods is a good place too. What I can't understand is why anyone would want to throw them in a river or creek. Every year I hear about a few. Just toss them a few yards into the woods.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Theres a treeline between 2 sections of land thats a nice spot. Coyotes take it from there.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

One thing I overlooked. What do you all do with your carcasses? I couldnt think of a decent place to get rid of it, so I dumped it in a known coyote stomping grounds. I hate to feed coyotes, but I really couldnt think of anything better to do with it.
We usually take them out in the middle of the desert and bury them ....ya can't have the Feds find 'em .........oh! you're talking about DEER!!!! [8D]
Ohhhh....so thats why Uncle Tooch keeps that shovel in the Fleetwoods trunk!
I don't know nuttin!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:58 AM

LOL, I was going to call them but it is a good thing I opened the thread before I did! LOL
Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of the bones end up going to the dogs. Often I freeze a couple and break them out for the red dog to work on a bit at a time. He enjoys it. What little bit there is that I cannot use is either committed to the pond (low lying water retention pond... feeds the turtles) or taken to a clubs designated dump spot. All depends on exactly where I took the deer.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Where I live they are considered municipal watse and are bagged up and put out with the regular curbside trash.

Yup, that's what we do around here.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:03 AM

Well our land borders up to State land in the back corner of our property where there is an old county road... so that's where we dump all are dead bodies... but a few years ago some mong people found that old road and were camping out there one weeked and we had shot a deer that friday night that night we found out they were camping back there when we dumped it off on OUR property not the state land... and im not sure if they had good luck but when we went back there after the weekend was done they had taken the deer body which was just bones cuz we try to take as much meat as possible... it was so weird but atleast it was some use to them...
Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Ill put it in a left over dog food bag and throw in right in the trash
Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

We put them in a designated spot on our lease along with waterfowl, turkey and upland bird carcasses. Like others have said, it makes for some fun coyote shooting.