Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HELP

Old 09-22-2008, 02:07 PM

Default HELP

okay i have a brother who is a 100% disable veteran from iraq. he lost all his fingers on his right hand and took damage to the left leg..he want to go bow hunt, not crossbow but bow hunting he is right handed and thats the hurt hand..how do i get something so he can shoot a bow any ideas would so help
Old 09-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HELP

I saw this advertisted on a hunting show. The shooter had it modified so he could hold the bow with one hand and release the arrow with his mouth.

http://www.drawloc.com/

Wayne
Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well my first thought is a back tension release would work for him since he does not require the use of fingers. However, all the back tension releases that I am aware of are hand held. Finding one with a strap would work great for him. I bet you could call TRU Ball or some other companies and they would come up with somthing for him. Other than the relase problem, it does not sound as if any of his injuries would stop him from shooting a bow. E-mail Randy Summers at [email protected] and see if he know of anything that out there yet. I am sure there has been something developed already for cases like this. Good luck in your search!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM

thank you ill sure email him right now
Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

I am a soldier and first let me say thanks to your bro for his sacrifice for this wonderful country. second, with everyone being so supportive of the troops right now, i would bet money that if you wrote to a manufacter of releases and told them the story they would come up with something for him.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:18 AM

yea im trying but i dont get anything back from anybody yet
Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does he still have a Thumb?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

To the top in case some people missed this thread!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Wish I could help with the release, and I hope youfind something for your brother. You did however inspire me to do my hunting arrows up in some famalier colors this year!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Well my first thought is a back tension release would work for him since he does not require the use of fingers. However, all the back tension releases that I am aware of are hand held. Finding one with a strap would work great for him. I bet you could call TRU Ball or some other companies and they would come up with somthing for him. Other than the relase problem, it does not sound as if any of his injuries would stop him from shooting a bow. E-mail Randy Summers at [email protected] and see if he know of anything that out there yet. I am sure there has been something developed already for cases like this. Good luck in your search!
Good post kickin buck and great idea!!

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

To the top in case some people missed this thread!
I missed It Joe. These are the type of threads that we all need to pay attention to. Hell of a bump there Joe!!

My hats off to your brother and every other person out there fighting for our rights and freedom!!

Thank you to all of you and god bless!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.