Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New member!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Spike

Default New member!

Hey, I'm a new member here at huntingnet. I heard about this site, and decided to check it out. I'm 16, from Schuylkill County PA. I've been archery hunting since i was 12, and i can't get enough. I shoot a Martin Cheetah, but thinkin about switchin to a Mathews next season.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New member!

Welcome. There is a great group of caring, ethical hunters hear that love to swap stories of our adventures.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome and where at in Schuylkill Co.?
I was born and raised in Minersville.

At least the screenname fits that area of PA.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome and best of luck this season!! I grew up in Snyder County and spent a lot of time in the Shamokin / Frackville area. Have fun out there and be safe!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

welcome we are glad to have ya
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Spike

I'm about a mile away, I live in Seltzer (Pottsville Area)
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BrownItsDown420

I'm about a mile away, I live in Seltzer (Pottsville Area)
Small world........I know every inch of the woods between Seltzer and Marlin all the way to Minersville. That used to be my old stomping grounds when I was a kid. My parents live on Teaberry Hill.
I played softball on the Seltzer field right next to the highway.

I actually taught myself how to shoot my first bow back in the early 80's on the seltzer gun club's old walk through archery course. I would hike up through the woods and shoot for hours and hours.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Spike

I still do shoot at there walk in course, as a matter of fact i was just down there about an hour ago. I haven't really everhunted any of the woods around here... You have any luck?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BrownItsDown420

I still do shoot at there walk in course, as a matter of fact i was just down there about an hour ago. I haven't really everhunted any of the woods around here... You have any luck?
I sure have.......check to see what crops are planted in the fields behind the newspaper company. The inside corner down opposite the main ATV trail that runs beside it was always a good spot if there was corn in that field. The woods around it were always a thick tangle of briars and vines and held a lot of deer.

If you take the small road to the right on the hill down to the newspaper company and park at the end you can walk straight back to this area.........or just walk up the trail off first base at the softball field and follow it up to the top and then hang a right.
You can't miss the field.
Its the only crops around so the deer tend to flock to them. If they pick the first outside rows during the season it can be really productive.
Some good bucks back there too.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

welcome to the site, and good luck this year

Quick Reply: New member!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.