Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for you Montana residents, or anyone.... >

Question for you Montana residents, or anyone....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for you Montana residents, or anyone....

Old 09-22-2008, 05:52 AM

Default Question for you Montana residents, or anyone....

I am planning a trip to bowhunt whitetails in Montana next fall. I was looking at the Montana DNR last night, and they're a bit confusing. It appears that I will need bowhunter education, which won't be a problem. But what I am not clear on is whether or not a non resident deer archery permit is a draw or not?? I'm not looking at a combo elk tag, just deer.

If there's anyone from Montana, or anyone who's hunted there that may know....can ya'll enlighten me?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for you Montana residents, or anyone....

Depends on the area you plan to hunt , some are draw, some are not , It is very confusing , and dnr may or may not help , I got 2 different stories last year when I called and spoke with them , they made me enter a draw on an over the counter tag , I got it but they made me wait on something I should have gotten immediately . Good luck Montana offers some excellent hunting as per my avitar , but they had a major price increase this year .