Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guys i lied to you and i feel bad and it is time to come clean. >

Guys i lied to you and i feel bad and it is time to come clean.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guys i lied to you and i feel bad and it is time to come clean.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Guys i lied to you and i feel bad and it is time to come clean.

Tim be careful with dropping THAT many calories from such a high level........I'm not sure what your insurance situation is but trust me on this: You ned the help of a professional nutritionist to do what you are doing correctly and safely.
If you have issues with your blood pressure and sugar levels you cannot make these nutrition choices on your own.

Seek professional help immediately. With the help of someone who knows what they are doing and some honest dedication you can get it turned around NOW while you are still young. If you take this into later life the chances that you will EVER be healthy are slim at best and you are taking years.......YEARS off of your life.

Just by your statement that you are thinking of ONE small meal a day shows you do not have the foggiest idea of proper eating or nutrition. Doing that will possibly hurt your short term health and slow your metabolism even further. It will most likely cause weight GAIN in the long run when you bail out of it.

Good luck Tim, but you need help.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

good luck tim your then man
Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck there Tim!! Do your best and I guarantee you will feel like a new man. There was no need either to come clean to everyone on what you weigh, that's your business and your physicians business. I wish you the best In your venture.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

1000-1500 that weight should fly off. I'm pulling for you.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's great to lose weight, but IMHO you're going too extreme. A calorie is simply a unit of energy and if you eat too many your body stores them as fat. However, the bigger you are the more energy you need. I would suggest that you stay in the 2500 caloricrange for right now, but I would get a nutrition expert to give you an exact amount.

If you get too strict (or try to starve yourself) it won't last. Also, what helps me is eating 5 smallmeals a day. The reason I do that is I never get hungry, so I'm not tempted to binge on junk food. Just count out your calories and try to stay in the 2500 mark. Go to caloriecheckbook.com and for free you can input your height, weight and desired weight loss goal and it will tell you when you will hit it.

Lastly,I am 6 ft and weigh 187 pounds and I'm trying to drop 10pounds in the next few weeks and I'monly eating 1500 calories and that's hard for me to do.It will do you some good to getin some moderate exercise i.e.likelight walking. I promise if you start out slow andbe the turtle in the race you will make it. Good luck!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:43 PM

Mix some more exercise in there and that venison will be one of the best things for you. With little to no fat it can be healthy for you eaten right with the appropriate exercise. Best of luck to you. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought he said he was going to try to drop 1000 to 1500 calories per day... I dont think he meants he was only going to have a caloric intake of 1000-1500.. And in the case that he did say that, it is darn near impossible, and for someone his size--quite stupid. At my size.. 5'9 180# I need around 3400 calories to maintain my weight... so for someone his size he would need around 5000 or so...

If you intake around 7500 calories or so like you said.. Try dropping 500 calories per day.. Then when you can handle that.. drop another 500 a few weeks later.. Your stomach will get used to what you give it.. so if it gets less food.. it will only require that much food..

A pound of bodyweight is 3500 calories so keep that in mind.. also, diet is half the battle, but proper exercising is just as important.. Keep active and keep the heart pumping blood, it will keep your blood pressure regulated as well as keep your heart in shape..
Old 09-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck...hang in there!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

Just go shoot a deer, they're very lean. Good luck this season, and with dropping down to a healthier weight bud.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

good luck bro.. Will power is a awsome thing. Very hard to build it, but once you got the power, you can do what you put your mind too!!!!! Keep up the good work.........

Quick Reply: Guys i lied to you and i feel bad and it is time to come clean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.