HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ? on fixed blades and Blazers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/264269-fixed-blades-blazers.html)

TeeJay 09-21-2008 07:24 PM

? on fixed blades and Blazers

So I was over at the local Pro shop today. I got Katie some arrows and ordered the kid some broadheads. The guy I always deal with wasnt there so this other guy helped me. He got questioning my arrow/vane/bh combonation. He was very pushy on NOT using blazers with a fixed blade. Said they were to small and the bh will actually controll the flight of the arrow not the Blazer. Any one ever experience this?

Huntinman23 09-21-2008 07:32 PM

RE: ? on fixed blades and Blazers

i shoot blazers with g5 montecs and they fly just fine for me i bet he was just trying to make you spend more money.
[align=left] [/align]

TeeJay 09-21-2008 07:35 PM

Not realy, The bh we shoot are about as pricy as a fixed blade gets. There isnt much for vanes that are more pricy than a blazer also. Yes I have shot them before also, the problem is the Kid is shooting 34 lb and the wife 42. This is where he was refering to us having problems.

blakefrautschi 09-21-2008 07:37 PM

I've never had a problem. but he might have had a bad expirience with them or else is just tryiing to get some more money out of you.

blakefrautschi 09-21-2008 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: TeeJay
Yes I have shot them before also, the problem is the Kid is shooting 34 lb and the wife 42. This is where he was refering to us having problems.
Last year i shot 45# and my fixed blades flew fine

hillbilly archer 09-21-2008 08:53 PM

Thats crazy!

BigDaddy12t 09-21-2008 09:02 PM

Hey TeeJay, I just switched arrows, I went from ght Gold Tips, to the Easton Axis, with the blazers, and I shoot the 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy's, the shoot perfect. I see no problems with tem at all.

im ocd 09-21-2008 09:13 PM

Slick Trick standard 1'' four blade broadheads fletched with blazers, 293 fps, 60 yards.

MNpurple 09-21-2008 09:27 PM

I went from 4 inch feathers to the blazers last year with Magnus Stingers and I was very impressed at their flight. I have no plans to move away from them.

RattleSnake1 09-21-2008 10:08 PM

My woman shoots 51 pounds, and she's shooting the Axis 500's with Blazers and Slick Trick 100 Standards. Her arrows fly like darts, so I have no idea what that guy is talking about. The blazers were designed to work with fixed blade bh's. I think he's been sniffing too much glue while building arrows!:D