Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS* >

Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS*

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS*

Old 09-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS*

Wow, what a great day for shooting. I was out shooting this afternoon (doing pretty well) going on my last round, and well I destroyed the top limb on my 101st. NO it was NOT Bowtech's fault. Here's what happened. When I want to practice at unknown yardages, I will actually throw my arrows (there's nothing even remotely nearby, so don't worry about me potentially hitting something or someone), and where they land is where I shoot from. Great idea, huh? No, I'm an idiot. I actually threw one, and it slipped (I set my bow down in the grass back where I last shot, and I usually throw the arrows WAY away from the bow's direction), and yes, the arrow came down and hit the top limb of my bow. It gouged out about a 6" gash on the outside edge, exposing a lot of fibers. It didn't penetrate much, but this limb is finished.

The good news is I was planning to replace the limbs due to a twist issue I was having. The bad news is our season opens Oct.4, and I was DIALED with this bow. I don't have the warranty for this bow, I'm not sure how long it will take to get bowtech to ship me new limbs, and there's NO ONE selling them on AT. Is there anyone here from Bowtech who know how I could expedite this process, and about how much new limbs cost? Is there anyone out there who has spare limbs for this bow? I assume not, but heck it's worth a try.

Anyways, I'm pretty ticked right now, but I know that I just need to get it settled and straightened out. My proshop is way too backed up right now to deal with this, plus he's slow and I don't really trust his workmanship that much. I have everything I need to swap the limbs, I've just never taken cams out before, so I'm very leary of this, but it NEEDS to happen in the next week and a half, otherwise I will miss the opener. Thanks for any input you guys/girls might have.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.

Always have a back up bow...mine is a 2007 commander and my main is a 2007 commander...And i will say i like having the same bow so i know how its gonna shoot...ebay is awesome try to find your back up there.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn that really sucks! Good luck getting it all sorted out and dialed in again!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:20 PM

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Give Dave Barnsdale a call. Best limbs you can get and the price isn't bad. http://www.barnsdalearchery.com/index.html

Old 09-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Always have a back up bow...mine is a 2007 commander and my main is a 2007 commander...And i will say i like having the same bow so i know how its gonna shoot...ebay is awesome try to find your back up there.
I agree, and I did for years. However, I switched to left handed this spring, and sold all of my right handed bows. Couldn't justify the purchase of an extra left hander at this time, but now it's coming back to bite me me. I should have just kept one of the right handed, and tried to make the transition.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, that is a freak accident! I hope it gets taken care soon! Maybe it is a sign?!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Man, that is a freak accident! I hope it gets taken care soon! Maybe it is a sign?!
I sign of what?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Yes it was a freak accident. And im sorry You could always try to hit up ebay perhaps.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you suggesting that Bowtech replace your limbs under warranty?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

I sign of what?
Hey man, I don't got all the answers

It just maybe is!

Quick Reply: Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.