Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS* >

Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS*

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS*

Old 09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.

boy that sucks maybe there is sombody in your area that could loan youa bow til you get that one fixed ?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Man, that is a freak accident! I hope it gets taken care soon! Maybe it is a sign?!
A sign of what? Somebody upstairs doesn't want me to hunt?

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Are you suggesting that Bowtech replace your limbs under warranty?
No. I'm wondering if there is anyway to expedite the shipping process on new limbs (and if they can be purchased through the individual) since I don't have a warranty.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is there anyone out there who has spare limbs for this bow? I assume not, but heck it's worth a try.
PM sent
Old 09-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

[&:]
Old 09-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sending you another PM when I finish this post...

Kudos to your upfront honesty in what happened, though I would expect nothing less from an outstanding HNI member...
Old 09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for that, Greg. Turns out, Buckeye had just what I was looking for. A lot of really great people willing to lend their help any way they can.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm STILL trying to figure out what the HECK really happened here. You mean you "threw" and arrow and it hit your limb and "skinned" it???? I don't quite understand. If so, then you need a , but I wouldn't think that a thrown arrow would hurt it that much, so that's what I'm not understanding. I think!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr
If so, then you need a ...
I deserve that.[8D] If I could have found a stick nearby when it happened, I may have done it myself

Anyways, yes that's exactly what happened. I somehow managed to hit my bow laying 20+ yds away with an arrow. The arrow his the edge of the limb, and must have skidded a bit across the edge of the limb. It gouged about a 5" gash on the edge, and penetrated about 3/16" in. I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow after work.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr
If so, then you need a ...
I deserve that.[8D] If I could have found a stick nearby when it happened, I may have done it myself

Anyways, yes that's exactly what happened. I somehow managed to hit my bow laying 20+ yds away with an arrow. The arrow his the edge of the limb, and must have skidded a bit across the edge of the limb. It gouged about a 5" gash on the edge, and penetrated about 3/16" in. I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow after work.
NOT A BASH AT ALL, but is the limb REALLYthat damaged that it needs replaced???? I can't honestly imagine this. Were you throwing SOME HEAVY BH's or what???
Old 09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like its on its way to being taken care of?? awesome!

funny that someone else actually does the whole throwing arrows thing....i do the very same thing!!! once a week or so for a month or 2 before the season i will do that and shoot at a cutout of a deer(dont own a 3d yet) where they land i shoot....

i always set my bow on a chair or table...dog runnin around would love to pick it up and use it as a chew toy im sure!

i have however been silly enough to shoot arrows at the same spot, but from different angles...more than once! broke a few that way lol....lesson learned....

thats real freak that you hit you own bow and did damage to it! hope its all being worked out....

Quick Reply: Annnnnd...Screwed...Bowtech Guys-Advice.*UPDATED-PICS*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.