Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sighting in with field tips and broadheads. >

Sighting in with field tips and broadheads.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sighting in with field tips and broadheads.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sighting in with field tips and broadheads.

i do what oh was talkin about
Old 09-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: GrayDawg

ORIGINAL: Shawn Perkins

NEVER shoot your practice broadhead at an animal. use new ones
I take it you've never shot Silver Flames? Of the 4 Silver Flames that are in my quiver, I've shot 2 of them into a block target. Each of these two heads is EVERY bit as sharp as the two that weren't shot into my Block target. If I laid all four of these heads on my workbench, NOBODY- and I mean nobody would be able to pick out the two heads that hit my Block target.

So why shouldn't I use either of these two "practice" heads on an animal? They are EVERY bit as sharp as my other SFs and probably ALOT sharper than most broadheads coming straight out of the pack.

Rob
I think he was talkingto the other 99% of hunters that do not use Silver Flames .
So not only are you Shawn Perkins' Official Spokesman, you also have access to Broadhead Utilization Statistics that not even Broadhead Manufacturers have been able to wrap their arms around and publish with any degree of confidence?

Rob
I get my Broadhead Utilization Statistics from the same place you get your BroadheadSharpness Statistics.
You've never seen my archery tackle box, nor have you been privy to the countless conversations I've had with hundreds of bowhunters at numerous sportsman's shows here in the northeast. In every one of these conversations, I show prospective Silver Flame customers two Silver Flames- one that's brand new &another that's been through a Block target 10 times, through two different deer & one bear. Not only can they NOT tell me which one is the brand new SF head, they all say the same thing- "That's the sharpest head I've ever seen/felt!"

As for being a German Kinetics' spokesman........ no. But have you figured it out yet that I'm a rep?

Knucklehead........ don't throw stones at a man with a machinegun

Rob
Old 09-22-2008, 05:28 PM

hey buddy.i was talking about using your PRACTICE broadhead. shot many times* at a target.

OF COURSE if you shoot a broadhead into a foam brick target 2 times its still going to feel as sharp as new. now go and shoot your tough guy silver flames into a target about 50 times a day.

idc what b.h you use....its still not good enough for me to shoot at an animal after being shot at a target many times.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I take it you've never shot Silver Flames? Of the 4 Silver Flames that are in my quiver, I've shot 2 of them into a block target. Each of these two heads is EVERY bit as sharp as the two that weren't shot into my Block target. If I laid all four of these heads on my workbench, NOBODY- and I mean nobody would be able to pick out the two heads that hit my Block target.

So why shouldn't I use either of these two "practice" heads on an animal? They are EVERY bit as sharp as my other SFs and probably ALOT sharper than most broadheads coming straight out of the pack.

Rob
I think he was talkingto the other 99% of hunters that do not use Silver Flames .
So not only are you Shawn Perkins' Official Spokesman, you also have access to Broadhead Utilization Statistics that not even Broadhead Manufacturers have been able to wrap their arms around and publish with any degree of confidence?

Rob
I get my Broadhead Utilization Statistics from the same place you get your BroadheadSharpness Statistics.
You've never seen my archery tackle box, nor have you been privy to the countless conversations I've had with hundreds of bowhunters at numerous sportsman's shows here in the northeast. In every one of these conversations, I show prospective Silver Flame customers two Silver Flames- one that's brand new &another that's been through a Block target 10 times, through two different deer & one bear. Not only can they NOT tell me which one is the brand new SF head, they all say the same thing- "That's the sharpest head I've ever seen/felt!"

As for being a German Kinetics' spokesman........ no. But have you figured it out yet that I'm a rep?

Rob
I am betting that a G5 striker is just as sharp and will kill deer just as dead. Oh yeah, that's right, you're gonna use the striker in MA so you'll get better blood trails and the silver flame out west because because you don't think the strikers will be accurate at 45 yds (perhaps its the bow or the archer and not the BH LOL). What good is" ...the sharpest head I've ever seen/felt!" if you don't trust it to leave a good blood trail LOL. How much sharper past shaving hair does a BH need to be, to be worth almost $30 each . Put some ammo in the machine gunfella .

I would have never figured out that you were a rep for silver flames (German Kinetics). I assumed it was a quality company that associated with quality people. Guess I was wrong .

[ul][*]100gr. G5 Strikers at home in MA over my Food Plot.[*]100gr. German Kinetics Silver Flames when I go out to Nebraska the first week of November.[/ul]

The reason for the two different heads? The G5 Strikers leave an unbelievably large, gapping exit hole
that sets the stage for a blood trail which even Ray Charles could follow. They fly very well in my set up
out to about 25 yards. The German Kinetics Silver Flames however, fly with my field points out to 45 yards
and penetrate like nobody's business.

In the thick hardwoods of MA, I may need a good bloodtrail if tracking at night & my shots will most likely be inside of 25 yards. In the relatively more open country of north central Nebraska, I may need to take a shot at a distance greater than 25 yards, so accuracy at a longer distance is more of a priority than 4" wide blood trails.

Rob
Old 09-22-2008, 08:01 PM

do those things even fly good? looked at em on google..
who else uses em?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Rob

Rob

Rob
I am betting that a G5 striker is just as sharp and will kill deer just as dead. Oh yeah, that's right, you're gonna use the striker in MA so you'll get better blood trails and the silver flame out west because because you don't think the strikers will be accurate at 45 yds (perhaps its the bow or the archer and not the BH LOL). What good is" ...the sharpest head I've ever seen/felt!" if you don't trust it to leave a good blood trail LOL. How much sharper past shaving hair does a BH need to be, to be worth almost $30 each . Put some ammo in the machine gunfella .

I would have never figured out that you were a rep for silver flames (German Kinetics). I assumed it was a quality company that associated with quality people. Guess I was wrong .

[ul][*]100gr. G5 Strikers at home in MA over my Food Plot.[*]100gr. German Kinetics Silver Flames when I go out to Nebraska the first week of November.[/ul]

The reason for the two different heads? The G5 Strikers leave an unbelievably large, gapping exit hole
that sets the stage for a blood trail which even Ray Charles could follow. They fly very well in my set up
out to about 25 yards. The German Kinetics Silver Flames however, fly with my field points out to 45 yards
and penetrate like nobody's business.

In the thick hardwoods of MA, I may need a good bloodtrail if tracking at night & my shots will most likely be inside of 25 yards. In the relatively more open country of north central Nebraska, I may need to take a shot at a distance greater than 25 yards, so accuracy at a longer distance is more of a priority than 4" wide blood trails.

Rob
Bruce,
You're a 'tard. Are you attempting to rag on the SF because it's accurate with my fieldpoints out to 45 yards in my set up? I hunt very thick, wet, swampy areas bordered by thicker overgrown hardwoods. The SFs are very accurate,very durable, extremely sharp & devastating on big game. I hunt a food plotin the middle of these woods and most of my shots are inside of 20 yards- let alone 25. So I go with the Strikers because of the gapping hole. On any shot over 25 yards, my confidence in the strikers flying with my fieldpoints decreases dramatically.

So in more open,wide expanses found out west, my choice is the Silver Flame due to it's accuracy at longer ranges.

I think you're just mad at the world 'cuz your Terps have sucked in hoop for the last few years........ get over it.

Rob
Old 09-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bruce,
You're a 'tard. Are you attempting to rag on the SF because it's accurate with my fieldpoints out to 45 yards in my set up? I hunt very thick, wet, swampy areas bordered by thicker overgrown hardwoods. The SFs are very accurate,very durable, extremely sharp & devastating on big game. I hunt a food plotin the middle of these woods and most of my shots are inside of 20 yards- let alone 25. So I go with the Strikers because of the gapping hole. On any shot over 25 yards, my confidence in the strikers flying with my fieldpoints decreases dramatically.

So in more open,wide expanses found out west, my choice is the Silver Flame due to it's accuracy at longer ranges.

I think you're just mad at the world 'cuz your Terps have sucked in hoop for the last few years........ get over it.

Rob
Rob,
From an economical bowhunter's standpoint, those SILVER FLAMES could be the MOST PERFECT flying, MOST LETHAL BH in the world, and I'd still NEVER cough up $90 for 3 of them!!!! I killed my biggest buck with a BH that I paid $1.67 for, 3 pack was $5 on clearance at Wal-Mart. I shot 3 different heads this morning, and they all fly right on with my FP's at 24, 32, and 40yds. out of 3 different bows. Not sure how we got onto the SF bandwagon or the "Who's is bigger thing," but it's gonna be a VERY COLD day in hell before MOST of us hear will ever shoot SF BH's. I could buy a Lambroghini to drive to my hunting spot, and get there just the same way I get there in my truck, but I don't see the point in the Lambroghini, and I can't load 25 sheets of plywood in one, I can put firewood in one, and if I scratched it I'd be sick about it.

As for tuning BH's follow the couple links provided here, be patient, and try to relax as much as you can. Remember good follow through, as the BH's is going to amplify any form flaws, and I think "FOLLOW THROUGH" is often times the BIGGEST form flaw that archers seem to have in general.

Good Hunting!!!!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bruce,

Rob
I don't think there is anything wrong with the silver flames but apparently you do or you would use them everywhere. If I were a 'tard, I might just understand your illogic as to why you don't use the silver flames all the time LOL . Maybe if someone set up your bow and arrows correctly you might see the strikers fly with your fieldpoints at longer ranges . OHbowhntr has given you some good advice on how to find some info to tune your setup, be smart and follow it.

It would seem that becoming a rep for silver flames is more about who you blow than what you know because you don't know **** about interpersonal skills so you must be good at................

I am a little more grown-up than to tie my attitude to what a sports team does or doesn't do .