Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes >

Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

Old 09-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

I'm for swapping out the bow for a rifle and putting a little SMACKDOWN on a 'yote, or ten.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crush those nasty critters ASAP!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot them every chance you can they require biomass to live whatever the prey may be but it IS many deer even if just fawns!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:58 PM

I'd get myself a squeeker, under $10, make a faint mouse call when coyotes are present and see if you can wack a few with the bow. I'd think you could take some coyotes this way without spooking the deer to badly. I don't think a coyote is going to take a large healthy deer down to easily, but a sick or injured deer. With that many coyotes in the area, if you do take a deer, it's going to be a race against the coyotes to find it first. Get rid of them fast so you can get back to enjoying your deer woods.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen deer charge at a single yote before.. But yes I've seen deer leave an area becasue of coyotes.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kill all yotes....regardless of what anyone says I would take a bad shot at a yote just for the opportunity to rid this earth of one.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Kill all yotes, I was told that if you kill yotes and don't kill the alfa female she will produce more pups the next year because she knows the pack is low. I don't know if this is true or not but it sure seems we can't get the numbers down on our property.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

"Let the ground run red with the blood of the beasts"Me
Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 AM

Fill your deer tags. All of them. Otherwise, there will be more starving and weak deer in the winter months to keep the coyotes healthy and breeding. anywhere you have an abundance of coyotes, you usually have an abundance of deer. If the coyote problem isnt fixed, the deer will move/die, and your deer pop. goes to ****. Here in CT, the bag limit of coyotes is 30, and the season is pretty much all year round, 24/7. I plan on getting LOTS of practice this summer with my stalking skills with a bow.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:28 AM

kill all yotes I have heard of them taking adult deer, they are smart animals. They will get in a line spaced apart and like a track team will take turns running the deer until it is worn out then kill it

Quick Reply: Coyotes Coyotes Coyotes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.