Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Butt Out tool... >

Butt Out tool...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Butt Out tool...

Old 09-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Butt Out tool...

For those of you who have used the Butt Out tool (I hear it works great). Is this the 1st step of your gutting a deer? Or do you slit open the deer and basically loosen up all the insides and intestines 1st? Thanks fellow hunters!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Butt Out tool...

This tool is horrible.

Last weekend, I was hunting chipmunks with King of the Mountain Outfitters in the West Virginia panhandle when the stars aligned, and Itagged-out ona Boone & Crockett caliber bull chipmunk. Well, the official scorers were on their way over with the outfitter, still 20-30 minutes away, giving me a few minutes to reflect on the hunt and pay my respects to the expired beast. Never one to waste time,I decided to go ahead and field dress the chipmunk and give the Butt-Out a try. This is where things took a turn downhill.

This Butt-Out tool is supposed to help making field dressing easy, but that couldn't be any further from the truth. I stuck that thing up my ass, and bent down to try to start gutting that stinking chipmunk, and, being totally honest - that tool didn't help at all. In fact, all it did was make my whole ass-end feel sore and incredibly uncomfortable. Field dressing the chipmunk was no easier. I've gutted thousands of chipmunks, and never in my life have I felt so damn miserable and constipatedjust trying to finish up a routine field-dressing job.

To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure my tool was defective, because it wouldn't come out. With a half-pound of PVC lodged firmly in my anus, I had to have the outfitter run me overto Mon General Hospital for a surgical removal of the tool. I was a little bit embarrassed at first, but the doctor was kinda cute, so I didn't mind having him checking out my derriere.

I would not recommend this product.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

HahahaOhhhh Quik you never let me down with your posts!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

This tool is horrible.

Last weekend, I was hunting chipmunks with King of the Mountain Outfitters in the West Virginia panhandle when the stars aligned, and Itagged-out ona Boone & Crockett caliber bull chipmunk. Well, the official scorers were on their way over with the outfitter, still 20-30 minutes away. Never one to waste time,I decided to go ahead and field dress the chipmunk and give the Butt-Out a try. This is where things took a turn downhill.

This Butt-Out tool is supposed to help making field dressing easy, but that couldn't be any further from the truth. I stuck that thing up my ass, and bent down to try to start gutting that stinking chipmunk, and, being totally honest - that tool didn't help at all. In fact, all it did was make my whole ass-end feel sore and incredibly uncomfortable. Field dressing the chipmunk was no easier. I've gutted thousands of chipmunks, and never in my life have I felt so damn miserable and constipatedjust trying to finish up a routine field-dressing job.

To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure my tool was defective, because it wouldn't come out. With a half-pound of PVC lodged firmly in my anus, I had to have the outfitter run me overto Mon General Hospital for a surgical removal of the tool. I was a little bit embarrassed at first, but the doctor was kinda cute, so I didn't mind having him checking out my derriere.

I would not recommend this product.
Are you sure it is a half pound of PVC?

Old 09-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you sure it is a half pound of PVC?

I bought the "Magnum."
Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

OH MY GOD! One of the funniest posts I have ever seen!

But back to the question, I've never used it, but I'm not sure I have heard a good thing about it.
Good luck
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

i still cant see the use....

when im gutting, i take care of everything else...pull everything out leaving just that intestine attached...i will then cut a full circle around the anus to free it...then pull that intestine and it comes out...if not, i'll pull with the left hand and do more cutting with the right hand around the anus to free it....
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Typical Buck

Saw it used the other day...actually worked really well....
Old 09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a buddy that bought one last yr and said it worked once......... problem was he cleaned 6 deer with it.
I'm good with a knife so I'll keep using mine. And quicksilver that is freakin hilarious.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now that is funny, not to much makes me laugh at 5am while at but that did. hahahhahahaahahaa

Quick Reply: Butt Out tool...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.