HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   RYBO.... T- MINUS 1 day and counting! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/263799-rybo-t-minus-1-day-counting.html)

shed33 09-18-2008 11:53 AM

RYBO.... T- MINUS 1 day and counting!

Ryan flys in tomorrow morning! Wish him luck guys.. Hes back in Idaho with me on his second elk trip out here in three seasons. I can not wait for him to get here, I have purposelyleft the elk alone other than trying to ambush them and they were bugling againthis morning. I sure hope over the next 10 days he drills one.. oh and he has a whitetail tag this time.... Ryan, for those who have never met him is as good of a guy as they come, I really am looking forward to this hunt. We will jump in here and keep everyone posted.

The pix below is of Ryans stalk on a bull he came with in inches of tripping his release on, lets hope this trip gets him his first bull and early so he and I can do some whitetail hunting too!

buttonbuckmaster 09-18-2008 12:11 PM

RE: RYBO.... T- MINUS 1 day and counting!

Good luck Ryan. Have a safe trip and take lots of pics.

rybohunter 09-18-2008 12:16 PM

You knew I'd be on here to see this. :DThanks for the kind words bud.

I can instantly place myself back in tiimeto that picture.

See ya in the morning.

bloodcrick 09-18-2008 12:18 PM

I have met the boy, not sure if he is what you say :eek:I kid, I kid :DYep first class all the way ;)Good luck Ryan and Troy.

NY/Al 09-18-2008 12:18 PM

Good luck!!

buckeyehntr5 09-18-2008 12:21 PM

I wish both of the the best of luck!

quiksilver 09-18-2008 12:35 PM

Good luck fellas!

All I know is that if Ryan fills all of his tags,American Airlines isgonna need to build a 22,000 square foot addition onto their biggest airplane, just to fit all the dead animals inside. It'll be like Noah's Ark, except all the animals will be dead - and there will only be one of each. LOL

You guys will have to ring my phone one night after 5 eastern.

MGH_PA 09-18-2008 12:52 PM

Good luck fellas! Shed, put my teammate on a big one!:D That's a great picture, btw.

kshunter 09-18-2008 01:14 PM

Good Luck Guys! I'm sure you'll all have a blast!

John Deer 09-18-2008 01:15 PM

Good luck fellas!!

huntingson 09-18-2008 01:16 PM

I sincerely hope you guys put a couple of monsters on the ground for good! Either way I am sure it will be a great time!

gutshot 09-18-2008 01:20 PM

You both SUCK!!!!! I'm jealous......:D
Good Luck Guys. Be Safe!

mauser06 09-18-2008 01:44 PM

good luck guys!!!! have a safe trip and safe hunts! lookin forward to pics and stories!!!

HuntingBry 09-18-2008 02:13 PM

I was telling Rybo yesterday how jealous I am! Good luck fellas. I can't wait to see some pics and hear some stories.

GregH 09-18-2008 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

I have purposelyleft the elk alone other than trying to ambush them .....

Huh!!??

Good luck you guys!

drhntr178 09-18-2008 02:16 PM

Best of Luck!! Cant wait to see some pics

Schultzy 09-18-2008 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

You both SUCK!!!!! I'm jealous......:D
Good Luck Guys. Be Safe!
I've already told Ryan that a time or 2. He's probably getting sick of me saying that but hey, why not just one more time!! I'm fricking jealous dammit!!;) Ok, that's enough![8D]

Good luck to both of you fellers. You both are first class hunters and friends!!:)

archer58 09-18-2008 02:28 PM

Good luck Ryan. Looks like beautiful country. I'm kinda' jealous.
O.K. i'm a lot jealous.

shed33 09-18-2008 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Huh!!??

Good luck you guys!

hahaha yup Greg, elk are hunted a lot different for the most part than what you are used to as a whitetail hunter. Vocalizing with them, stalking, moving on the ground making noise,covering miles of ground normally on every given dayetc.. But when you do that TOO EARLY in the rut...you take the chance of running the herd out of the area, they dont stick around or hang out in a small 1000 acre area, they will cover miles and miles to a safe area and out here they have endless country to hide in....if they need to move due to pressure....they can and will do it a matter of minutes up and over mountains.... so what I was referring too is that I have totally refrained from pushing the elk herds I have been hunting....(3 different herds)only setting up and trying to ambush them as they move from bedding to feed, basiclly Very low pressure comparedto normal elk rut hunting methodsand I have had elk day after elk walk by me these past 20 days, either just out of bow range from my ground blinds or in range but not the animal I want. I had a young bull at 3 yards on film.. let him walk.. all the time never once spooking them ...while they were coming by me.. So as I woke up this morning to bugles down the canyon I am happy to say I haven not run them out of the country as many bowhunters do that push them too early.. they are just starting to get into the rut here, Ryan it timing the RUT/aggressive method of hunting them perfectly. We have a big weather change in the forcast starting Sat.. it should be excellent hunting.

Rory/MO 09-18-2008 03:37 PM

Good luck guys!

tsoc 09-18-2008 03:53 PM

Best Wishes to you both!! I hope all the elements come together! I can't wait to hear about it!

Schultzy 09-18-2008 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Huh!!??

Good luck you guys!

hahaha yup Greg, elk are hunted a lot different for the most part than what you are used to as a whitetail hunter. Vocalizing with them, stalking, moving on the ground making noise,covering miles of ground normally on every given dayetc.. But when you do that TOO EARLY in the rut...you take the chance of running the herd out of the area, they dont stick around or hang out in a small 1000 acre area, they will cover miles and miles to a safe area and out here they have endless country to hide in....if they need to move due to pressure....they can and will do it a matter of minutes up and over mountains.... so what I was referring too is that I have totally refrained from pushing the elk herds I have been hunting....(3 different herds)only setting up and trying to ambush them as they move from bedding to feed, basiclly Very low pressure comparedto normal elk rut hunting methodsand I have had elk day after elk walk by me these past 20 days, either just out of bow range from my ground blinds or in range but not the animal I want. I had a young bull at 3 yards on film.. let him walk.. all the time never once spooking them ...while they were coming by me.. So as I woke up this morning to bugles down the canyon I am happy to say I haven not run them out of the country as many bowhunters do that push them too early.. they are just starting to get into the rut here, Ryan it timing the RUT/aggressive method of hunting them perfectly. We have a big weather change in the forcast starting Sat.. it should be excellent hunting.
That's a huge tremendous plus right there!! Good luck you two!!

jmbuckhunter 09-18-2008 04:45 PM

Hope you have a blast out there Ryan. I am gonna make another trip out West soon to chase those big bugeling beasts again.

SparrowHawk 09-18-2008 06:53 PM

Have fun out there guys!! Put a whack on one. GOOD LUCK

_Dan 09-18-2008 10:12 PM

Kick ass boys!!! Wish I was there with ya!!!!