HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Petition to keep parks open Illinois (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/263734-petition-keep-parks-open-illinois.html)

drstalker 09-18-2008 05:17 AM

Petition to keep parks open Illinois

Hey all ,if any of you are interested I have a link to a petition to keep our Illinois state parks open,Rod blogo is making budget cuts and wants to close some of these in Northern Illinois,they are some of the only areas nearby for deer and turkey hunting,thank's for checking this out.I know many of us that hunt and fish would pay small fees to keep some areas open.Sometimes I feel that we live in one of the most anti sportman states in the country.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/21603.html

Bill D>

racewayking 09-18-2008 05:50 AM

RE: Petition to keep parks open Illinois

Did my duty, registered as signer 29427 with the following comments for the Criminal in question.

Our state deer herd is already overpopulated. We the sportsmen help reduce these numbers to acceptable levels through responsible hunting; however closing parks will only add to the problem. Our forefathers purchased this land with our state money to preserve our great resources for generations to come. Perhaps our governor could spend more time in Springfield instead of wasting fuel flying from Chicago to Springfield so that few poeple can keep their jobs and keep our parks open. God Bless!

drstalker 09-18-2008 04:31 PM

Excelent post Raceway,I hope more jump on board I was hoping to hunt Lowden Miller this season and hear that they may close,I believe that are closing Castle Rock.

bigtim6656 09-18-2008 04:40 PM

sorry to say guys wont help much. Here several years ago they had budget cut backs. They closed just about every primitive camp ground on parks that had a full hook up camp. They said it was due to less money in the state budget. Though most all the parks stayed open in general. most people where not happy the primitive got cut out. most where the best places to back in the woods. Though i was told they opened some of the areas up for hunting. So not a total lost. nice clears areas with trees every so often.

funny thing is after they said they were cutting out the parks. the late gov o'bannon got a new jet so go figure.

dukemichaels 09-18-2008 04:47 PM

You have to love Illinois.

We are short of millions of dollars.. so they steal from the licensing of the states sportsman.. they close down hundreds of state run programs.. cut back and lay off hundreds of employees of the state...

..and now they say they want 100 million to re-organize the states constitution.

Are you KIDDING me. Isn't that your normal job senators of Illinois.. don't you get paid for this crap already...

And then they throw Barak Obama at us.. the Illinois senator of like 4 years and say vote for him.. he'll change it all.

WHAT A JOKE! He's from Illinois and a crook who's never even done ANYTHING EVER!

I hate this state. Vote NO on November 4th for a re-organization of the states constitution.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

AND don't even consider the Illinois senator with NOTHING under his belt.[:@]

bigtim6656 09-18-2008 04:49 PM

dam remind me to never move there. now i see why they let obama in the govt there in the first place.

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

We are short of millions of dollars.. so they steal from the licensing of the states sportsman.. they close down hundreds of state run programs.. cut back and lay off hundreds of employees of the state...

..and now they say they want 100 million to re-organize the states constitution.

Are you KIDDING me. Isn't that your normal job senators of Illinois.. don't you get paid for this crap already...

And then they throw Barak Obama at us.. the Illinois senator of like 4 years and say vote for him.. he'll change it all.

WHAT A JOKE! He's from Illinois and a crook who's never even done ANYTHING EVER!

I hate this state. Vote NO on November 4th for a re-organization of the states constitution.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

dukemichaels 09-18-2008 04:55 PM

dam remind me to never move there. now i see why they let obama in the govt there in the first place.
You have no idea bigtime6656...

It is well known as one of the most overly-taxed and poorly run states in the entire country.

I am ashamed of it all.

drstalker 09-18-2008 05:53 PM

I'm with ya Duke,I've seen enough of thatdorks face on the tube and bumper stickers .Your'e right this state is one of the biggest jokes in the nation.Derbin,obama,blogo,george ryan, and dick daley.What a crew of liberal chumps!

virginiashadow 09-18-2008 06:57 PM

I don't get it, why do they have to "run" the parks? Just let people hunt and fish on the land and get out of their way!

bigtim6656 09-18-2008 07:50 PM

thats what you get for letting your politicians get chosen in Chicago
propely less all american down home people there only place i seen less white people was in florida in miami

It is well known as one of the most overly-taxed and poorly run states in the entire country.

I am ashamed of it all.

virginiashadow 09-18-2008 07:56 PM

propely less all american down home people there only place i seen less white people was in florida in miami
What? hahahahahaha! Good god.

bigtim6656 09-18-2008 08:32 PM

kinda miss word that. what i meant is most of ils. big politicians seem to come from the far left out of chicago.
Where i live the city is full of dems. there are obama signs all over but when you go into the county theres morereps. then dems.

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

What? hahahahahaha! Good god.

demoIL 09-18-2008 08:33 PM

It is wild, also only one of a couple states with no form of ccw license. The laws are backwards in many cases..

To be honest, the only reason I stay in IL is because I have good private ground to hunt here and don't anywhere else..
Oh, and my babysitter (mother in law) is here on the way to work.. Other then those two things keeping me I'd probably move...

I am ashamed of it all.

outdoorsmen 09-18-2008 09:24 PM

F illinois. if we didn't have chicago it'd b alot better

Bulzeye 09-18-2008 09:29 PM

I'm in.
Signed.

Chris27 09-19-2008 08:29 AM

Signed. Hopefully this will work out. Good luck!

thistlecreek 09-19-2008 08:37 AM

[align=left]Thanks for the link I'll be passing it along to everyone I know, You dont have to be a sportsman for this to affect you.

[/align]

kickin_buck 09-19-2008 09:56 AM

You forgot to mention the fact that the State just redirected 10 million from the salesof hunting and fishing licenses to the rails to trails program. Also, they are cutting the pheasant put-and-take programs as well. I am not from Illinois orginally and will get the hell out just as soon as I can. I signed, but hold very little hope that this will help.

drstalker 09-23-2008 07:46 PM

Thank's to everyone who signed the petition.I'll have to follow this and see where it goes.
Bill D>

Orion in IL 09-23-2008 09:55 PM

I signed.

lifesadrag 09-24-2008 03:34 PM

Amen brother......big mistake to vote someone in from this state. (Petition signed)