Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you just have to shoot a young buck..... >

If you just have to shoot a young buck.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you just have to shoot a young buck.....

Old 09-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Default RE: If you just have to shoot a young buck.....

ORIGINAL: zubba

............zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

This thread is worthless.

Exactly my thoughts! As soon as i read the title i jumped straight to the last page. My attitude is, I'll shoot what ever i want, as long as it is legal, and everyone else can do the same. Not everyone cares about bone.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

I zoomed through my Tivo the other day and watched one of Jim Shockey's shows where he and his 80 plus year old dad go hunting for deer. Jim wanted him to take the big buck but it took some convincing.

No! said his dad. That big buck I shot last year was too chewy. Your mom wouldn't cook it. Had to have the dam thing ground up into burger. I'm waiting for spikehorn!

Perhaps scripted but comical nonetheless.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will not shoot if "it" does notmake me happy.

If "it" walkes over the hill and some one shots "it" and they are happy.

I thank the LORD and we are all happy.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol though i did not read pass page one i think i know what everyone is saying. I still have not got a deer this is my fifth year.
Due to the fact i am in the bow contest i will not shoot a small buck. I hunt for meat. nothing else. but i will not shoot a small buck say less then 100 to 120 unless it is a old deer. Now the fact i am in the contest means i will hold out for a monster the 12 point i have been watching will do. Now if the end of dec hits and i am deerless. if it is brown and does not have spots it is down. But that will not come up untill say dec 20th
Old 09-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

lol though i did not read pass page one i think i know what everyone is saying. I still have not got a deer this is my fifth year.
Due to the fact i am in the bow contest i will not shoot a small buck. I hunt for meat. nothing else. but i will not shoot a small buck say less then 100 to 120 unless it is a old deer. Now the fact i am in the contest means i will hold out for a monster the 12 point i have been watching will do. Now if the end of dec hits and i am deerless. if it is brown and does not have spots it is down. But that will not come up untill say dec 20th
It's up to you but I don't think any contest should in any way effect the way that you hunt.

Shoot what makes you happy.

Plus...shooting any sized buck will help your team.

But if you want to hold out for the big 12...do it for yourself...not because of the contest.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:28 PM

I WOULD shoot one of those, cause i havnt shot a deer yet, with a bow or a gun, but then i would pass.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

DELETED FOR SKIRTING THE PROFANITY FILTER
Old 09-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

When we start projecting what not to shoot onto others.....we're heading down a slippery slope.
I do agree with you Jeff 100% but when It comes to inviting others to hunt your land the person that owns the land has every right to put the conditions out there on what he/she wants taken. What Jack Is saying Is completely different and also a touchy subject. I would love to side with Jack on this but I can't, not everyone Is after what Jack, I and others are after. What Jack Is saying would be a perfect world.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

well ya your right. i just meant that i am not going to shoot a spike because it would hurt my team and the fact i see no reason to atleast in the early season just as good if not better meat from a doe.
ORIGINAL: cooter144

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

It's up to you but I don't think any contest should in any way effect the way that you hunt.

Shoot what makes you happy.

Plus...shooting any sized buck will help your team.

But if you want to hold out for the big 12...do it for yourself...not because of the contest.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am neither proud nor ashamed of the fact that I will take them.
That's a bunch of BS!! Whether Its one less mouth to feed or not you should be damn proud of anything that you shoot!!!!!! If I would of told my dad the same thing you just said when I was younger he would of kicked my little ass and said son you need to re think what hunting Is about kid. He always said If your not proud of what you shoot, you have no business In taking that animal. Your not hunting If your not proud of what you have In some way, your just killing and there's a hell of allot more to it then just killing.

Every year i find dead fawns with slug holes right through the lungs when I'm shed hunting or pheasant hunting on state land, neighbors land, other people's land and It pisses me right off. They walked up to that deer and said, ****, Its a fawn and walked away! Makes me sick.

Your probably more proud then I'm giving you credit for Jeff and If so I apologize but this kind of stuff ticks me off when I here people say it.

Quick Reply: If you just have to shoot a young buck.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.