Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Credit where it's due (NAP) >

Credit where it's due (NAP)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Credit where it's due (NAP)

Old 09-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Credit where it's due (NAP)

I tell you what, I was JUST ABOUT ready to chance heads and go to fixed blade Magnus Stinger, which I do have, and going to test, when I shot a deer I posted in another post a few days ago. Prior to that, I had switched from a 4" feather to a Blazer and wanted to actually test the head itsself on the arrow with the Blazers. In doing so, after shooting "The Block" 2 times with each head, I broke a couple of blades? Hmmmmm... Well ok, maybe I SHOULDNT have shot the target, but I did, and I have to replace the blades. Ok, no problem, just $20 . Well one screw WILL NOT come out. No way no how. Ended up losing that head because the screw head that holds the blade rounded out on me. Never had this trouble with spitfires before? So I called tech support at NAP. Got in touch with Karl there who was very interested in the problem. He asked that if I had them, send them to him and he would send me replacement blades, practice blades and possibly some new heads. If I did NOT have them...give him my address and he would replace them anyway. I love this product for its simplicity, effectiveness and accuracy. I just worry about penetration sometimes on that mishap of a shot. If nothing else. I will shoot them until I run out of blades or something bad happens that I can blame soley on the broadhead and not myself or my shot.

I am not endorsed in any way, shape, or form by NAP. I dont get support financially or anything else from these guys, as I have only two bow kills to my name. I just like to give credit where credit is due when a company stands behind their product.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:43 PM

Default RE: Credit where it's due (NAP)

NAP has solid customer service. Itis great they were going to replace those blades and possibly even the heads. Spitfires (and most mechs, for that matter)cannot handle being shot over and over in a target w/o the practice blades. Although your experience is certainlynot normal and you did the right thing by contacting themanufacturer.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75
Although your experience is certainlynot normal and you did the right thing by contacting themanufacturer.
I thought you were suppose to jump to conclusions and bash the company.[&:]

I agree with Doegirl75, you handled it properly.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is nice to see goos support out there!!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

Yep. I told the guy I realize I probably shouldnt have shot into a target, it was only twice per head, blades broke on two heads. Ive only killed two deer with them and made less than marginal hits on them and they both went down within 50yds....I cant complain about that.