Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3 days away from season and EVERYTHING I OWN IS WRONG!! >

3 days away from season and EVERYTHING I OWN IS WRONG!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3 days away from season and EVERYTHING I OWN IS WRONG!!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 3 days away from season and EVERYTHING I OWN IS WRONG!!

sounds to me like the shop you went to has a rivalry with the shop you bought your equipment at. All your things are fine. now get to hunting
ORIGINAL: Snook384

So I had some time to kill and was with in a short distance of a local bow shop (not where I bought my bow). I was amazed that the shopI go to could have done this to me. They sold me everything that does not work. I found out that the animals I have killed did not really die from from the mechanicals I am using. I also found out that my string will break any second because I have fired over 2000 shots with it (actually going on 6-7k). Then horrror upon horrors I found out that my BOW is an overpriced piece of market price crap (Drenalin 08) and it doesnt really shoot 320 fps (chrono at 291 with 406 grain arrow. Granted I am pretty new at this but I just did not know that EVERYTHING in my arsenal was going to blow up and result in only injured animals unless the limbs gave out first. I am kind of sad.

BULL****!!! Do archery stores really believe that this will help them make a sale? Everything works and will kill animals. You just got to use it right and have confidence.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Uh ...guys it is sarcasm.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 AM

I never go into a shop/store/megamart/etc. without being 95% sure in what I'm there to get.

I may not know the exact brand name going in, but if I want a single, fixed pin sight with miles of fiber optic cable, don't try and sell me a pendulum. [:@]

...And stop showing the Rage DVD over and over and over...
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

exactly
ORIGINAL: Snook384

Uh ...guys it is sarcasm.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Spike

the only way you will 320 fps is shoot 70# 30"draw with 350 grain arrow.thats how they rate them for speed
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

What a bunch of horse dung. This is why I love my pro shop, which is within a very large regional sporting good chain store. Sort of a homegrown Cabelas that's in a few midwestern states. The archery manager who helped me pick out my bow explained everything he was setting me up with was a basic entry level set-up (cost me $450, everything included meaning release, arrows, tips and case too)and that it was all I needed to kill deer. He showed me his bow set-up, which probably cost 4-5 plus times as much as mine at least and said, someday you'll probably want this. But for now, this will get you going and addictedfor many years. He was right. I added a new site and rest but the bow still works like a charm 5 years later and it kills a deer every year.

On a sidenote, he actually tried to talk me out of restringing my bow after three years of heavy shooting. He examined it carefully and said it probably didn't neet it for another year or two. I still did and he said you're the boss. That's the kind of pro shop I like.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

On the flipside of the string changing discussion ... I had a pro shop owner tell me that if I shoot alot I should consider changing my strings EVERY TWO WEEKS. I know that comment was likea lazy pitch right over the middle of the plate waiting for me to knock it out of the park, but I was speechless and dumbfounded and frankly, I choked. I didn't say a word, just went about my business.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

i think you were lied to.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

On the flipside of the string changing discussion ... I had a pro shop owner tell me that if I shoot alot I should consider changing my strings EVERY TWO WEEKS. I know that comment was likea lazy pitch right over the middle of the plate waiting for me to knock it out of the park, but I was speechless and dumbfounded and frankly, I choked. I didn't say a word, just went about my business.
Sounds like a crooked pro shop owner trying to take advantage of you....that would be the last time i stepped in that shop....