Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Predator Camo- which pattern to buy? >

Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

ORIGINAL: archerj

FYI, there is no "white" in Predator Fall Gray. take a piece of white paper and hold it next to your camo and you will see a tremendous color difference.

Fall gray works extremely well on the ground as well as in the trees. these pictures show why. We all know that big game animals don't see color like we do. in their vision they greens in shades of gray just like the colors in fall gray. You can see in the pics that many of the leaves and trees actually look "brighter/lighter" than the lightest color on the fall gray pattern.

IMO fall brown may be a better pattern all around because of turkey vision, but for big game they both perform equally well.

One thing I've noticed in watching others wearing Predator or taking photos of it over the years, is that the lighter colors of the pattern will change color as the sunlight filters through the leaves. Iv'e seen fall gray and fall brown actually look like it has a green background. The natural lighting can play a huge roll in what animals see when they look at your camo. The dark blobby patterns just don't work as well.
Hey I have a question about the Fall Brow pattern.. I noticed that the green on my garments is almost black, is that supposed to be or is that green supposed to be lighter and more of an olive drab?

Cheers.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for all the input guys, I'm leaning towards buying some GWW in fall brown..
Old 09-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Whitehorn

...................the only point I am making is that the Predator 'test shots' on their website has hunters in the photos that are much closer to the camera than ASAT or any other competitor and they are all standing in front of foliage, not behind it..
You mean shots like these?

Out in the wide open- nothing in front of top 3/4's of body- 10 feet away.

Nothing obscuring top half of body, 15 feet away- pretty much in the open.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.predatorcamo.com/camo_patterns.html

Click on these pattern photos and you can see that the camo models are indeed closer to the camera.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:11 PM

Predator hands down has the best patterns on the market, everyone of the patterns is simple and does what it needs to do and that is break up the human outline. Camo is not mean to look good to the human eye its meant to plain and simply work and thats what predator does. The other bar room camo companies sell you a pattern that looks good to the human and thats what they market and spend millions doing so. Predator does not do a lot of marketing because they let the product speak for its self, and I do have to say that the quality of products has gone way up in the last few years. Hands down the best camo on the market the sooner people realize it the better animals they will harvest.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jcxstar13

Predator hands down has the best patterns on the market, everyone of the patterns is simple and does what it needs to do and that is break up the human outline.
Coming from someone who owns MULTIPLE Predator garments......
I LIKE Predator Camo patterns- they work. I just wish that there wasn't any UV brighteners in their material. I bought a new pair of Warp Knit Bibs this summer and when I put the balck light to them (to check for UV brightners) they GLOWED !! If it's made in China or anywhere else outside the US, there's a VERY good chance the material has UV brighteners in it. If so, it will glow to a deer's vision at dusk & dawn.

Most camo clothing companies outsource manufacturing of their garments to offshore countries. Don't believe me? Call them- I did. Predator folks admitted that they outsource some of their manufacturing to offshore countries. I told them I wanted to return my BRAND NEW Warp Knit Bibs that Glow, they told me to put it in writing & that they would see what they could do. I'm still waiting........

Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the Predator patterns- I just don't like the material that some of the Predator garments are made with. I don't want to appear as a glowing blue blob amongst the rest of the forest at dusk/dawn when a deer looks in my direction.

Rob