Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 holy **** thats alot >

holy **** thats alot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

holy **** thats alot

Old 09-17-2008, 04:59 AM

Default RE: holy **** thats alot

Although in years past I have spent a lot not this year, I bought my licenses which was about $60 witth all the additional stamps. Also $140 on a half ton of shelled corn for some feeders I have but that's pretty much it......no new equipment or gear, no stands, no clothes.....I'm even using clothing wash and cover scent from last year.....every time I would consider making a purchase I would ask myself if I really needed it and most often the answer was "no".

Old 09-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that's about what I've spent JUST on my bow this year. lol

I trying to save up to bu myself a car because I can get my license soon. I think I will buy an old beater volkswagen diesel (we make BioDiesel), I wont be able to afford a car and pay for gasoline..
Old 09-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Spike

yeah I hear yeah I have spent a ton of money this year on just bow hunting I couldn't afford to hunt anything but deer I figure about another 2000 and I will be set pretty good for now any way the old lady is starting to get a little upset with me. She is wondering if I need help I just tell her you got to have this stuff. Then I get that wonderful look that women give you if know what mean.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far this year,I bought 5 custom recurves and 2 longbows--average spent on each one was $800[:-]Then add in about 3 doz carbons and other accessories and I'm hitting $6000