Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 holy **** thats alot >

holy **** thats alot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

holy **** thats alot

Old 09-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: holy **** thats alot

i can top that when i was a kid my dad bought a jetski that need a engine. he bought it in aug we dropped a new motor in it. and fired it up in dec. He goes in the house and ask my mom if she wants to go to the lake. She says in dec. are you crazy what for. Then he tells he we have had a jetskit for almost 6 months. She never knew about it untill we got ready to ride it. And we did in dec and there where little icebergs around the lake.
ORIGINAL: Planter

I'm pretty lucky. My wife thinks all guns and bows look alike and wouldn't even notice a new treestand in the pile. The trick is dispose of all cardboard as quickly as possible and don't leave any Dick's or Cabelas bags around.
My standard answer is that oldthing has been around for years no matter what it is. Plus I don't flich when she orders a new couch or something. I just go for the ride.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a muzzleloader this year plus all the accesories. Between that and some other miscelaneous hunting stuff, i have probably spent at least $900. I would like to spend a bit morebut the wife is gettin on me. I really need a game cart since I will be promarily hunting public land and most of my stand trees are a good hike from the parking area. Besides being a long drag, the place is eaten up with poison ivy. I don't want to have to drag and handle a deer that has been drug though tons of that stuff. I'm super alergic. I can't wait for the first frost to kill all that junk.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bear hunting trip 1500, new boots 100, treestands 'bout100, gas who knows..., misc gear dont wanna know....

This is takin a tole on me!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

I don't even want to figure out how much I have spent.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had intended to get a tc triumph with a bdc nikon scope.
Which would have cost me another 800 bucks
ORIGINAL: marshall9779

I bought a muzzleloader this year plus all the accesories. Between that and some other miscelaneous hunting stuff, i have probably spent at least $900. I would like to spend a bit morebut the wife is gettin on me. I really need a game cart since I will be promarily hunting public land and most of my stand trees are a good hike from the parking area. Besides being a long drag, the place is eaten up with poison ivy. I don't want to have to drag and handle a deer that has been drug though tons of that stuff. I'm super alergic. I can't wait for the first frost to kill all that junk.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

two weeks from tomorrow. if i get my fill i would get 2 with bow and my 3 three bonus tags. if i get my dad to hunt and he gets say 2 thats 60 a piece at the butcher for a total of 420.00 extra to get the butchered.
but i figure my gear and bow as thecost to hunt and the tags and butcher cost as the cost of a good quality lean meat you can not buy
ORIGINAL: DropTine249

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i went into excel and add some stuff i bought today.
After i buy my range finder in a week or so. I will have spent 1500 bucks this year on hunting stuff not counting gas or the work i am doing on my truck. I could spend another 1500 easy. good this is a costly hobby
[/blockquote]

I'm not telling you nor my wife how much I've spent this year alone on bowhunting, and it's not over yet.
In fact, as you so clearly advised me in my thread- your season has NOT even started yet.Money rolls more than the deer.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a bunch Of money$$ saved for a trip to South Dakota that fell through for the 2nd year in a row[:@]Not from my doing. I used that money for 2 LCD WIDE SCREEN TV'S for the family. South Dakota is not in the works anymore. I think I will start saving for a Elk hunt for my 50th birthday if I'm lucky!$$$$ and hunting go hand in hand and I don't care one IOTA!!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Add In Hunting, gas, and taking the lady out to dinner....[&:]Im a 20yo guy getting married next year working two part time jobs andonly a little over$10,000 in debt. Thats less than a cheap used car.Soits not that bad... the bills do get paid on time... you just wont find me cruising around in anything newer than my 2000 chevy s10 for a long time. Most of my buddies i graduated with went out and got that brand new $30-$40,000 Truck. I'd rather have other nice things.
buckmaster - I know what you mean. I'm a young guy too. Got outta high school and went straight into college. All my buddys went out and got decent jobs and imediately spent all there jack on sweet rides and houses.I'm in the hole with school bills,scrapin' out rent and drivin' my 96' Ranger.

But I allwasy find the money for hunting . Without it I'd loose my sanity. Gotta havea hobby to take your mind of things. I prefer to spend my money one those.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

10,000 for a cheap used car. not sure where your shopping at i bought a 2007 chevy long bed 1/2 ton for 10,600. with only 7500 miles. but it is not 4x4.
ORIGINAL: DowningAir

Add In Hunting, gas, and taking the lady out to dinner....[&:]Im a 20yo guy getting married next year working two part time jobs andonly a little over$10,000 in debt. Thats less than a cheap used car.Soits not that bad... the bills do get paid on time... you just wont find me cruising around in anything newer than my 2000 chevy s10 for a long time. Most of my buddies i graduated with went out and got that brand new $30-$40,000 Truck. I'd rather have other nice things.
buckmaster - I know what you mean. I'm a young guy too. Got outta high school and went straight into college. All my buddys went out and got decent jobs and imediately spent all there jack on sweet rides and houses.I'm in the hole with school bills,scrapin' out rent and drivin' my 96' Ranger.

But I allwasy find the money for hunting . Without it I'd loose my sanity. Gotta havea hobby to take your mind of things. I prefer to spend my money one those.

Quick Reply: holy **** thats alot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.