Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fastest Kill Ever? >

Fastest Kill Ever?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fastest Kill Ever?

Old 09-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fastest Kill Ever?

yesterday morning shot a doe threw the lungs and it ran 150-200 yards and was still alaive after 2 hours... it was a miracle how she survived that long, i had to put another one in her then she finally expired...
Old 09-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

My deer were shot in Georgia and unfortunetly I didn't take any pics....Sorry...
Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

No pics? mmmm.....
Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RockinChair

A lot of it has to do with the state and whether or not the deer is relaxed, feeding, under stress or alarmed.
Very, VERY, VERYtrue!!!! I've killed several deer that never made it 50yds with a bow. The shortest only ran 18yds, not counting a spine shot which required a follow-up to finish the job.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think in the case of double lung shots some of how far a deer can travel has to do with the level of O2 in the blood at the time of the shot. (Also known as did the deer just take a breath)

Picture yourself running as fast and as far as you can after just having taken a deep breath and hold it. NOw do the same thing after just exhaling without the ability to take another breath and see how far you make it.[:-]
CO2 levels build up in the blood very quickly and is what causes the involuntary need to take your next breath. If you didn't you'd pass out and die.
So given how fast a deer can run it's not out of the relm of possibility to assume they can make it further after just having inhaled a breath and lowering that Co2 level in their bloodstream.

The quickest one I have ever seen was an absolute perfect 12 ring double lung shot I made on a buck in WV a few years back. I center punched him at 35 yards and he had no idea he'd been shot at , just stood there and took it.
The arrow hit him, 2 seconds later he sprung straight up in the air on all 4 legs and landed on his back kicked once and that was that. HE never traveled a single yard and I stood in my stand with this look on my face. [:-]
Old 09-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a small buck when I was young, probably 15 yards broadside, and he never knew he was hit. He took three calm steps and fell over. I've heard that isn't uncommon with double bladed broadheads.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

[align=left]I think if you hit the lungs when they are fully exhaled can have something to do with it. Then they cant take one last breath. Probably just someone pulling my leg, but who knows. Kinda makes sense in a medical kind of way.
[/align][align=left] [/align]
Old 09-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

3 feet! First deer I shot with a bow. Spined her. Old doe.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

SHot a doe at 7yds and basically stuck her to the ground. I'll never forget it....because she bawled when she got hit. She tried to get up and I stuck her again.....and it was over in a few mere seconds. She never went a yard.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Site Buck Guru

I have double lung shot deer where I've basically severed the arteries off the top of the heart and they ran for 20-30 yards and dropped dead. How long do you think it takes a deer to run 30 yards? A fast human can run 40 yards in 4.5 seconds. I've seen deer die in less than 4 seconds from a broadhead, chest shots not head shots.

Quick Reply: Fastest Kill Ever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.