HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Last minute to do list (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/263165-last-minute-do-list.html)

elkhuntinut 09-14-2008 06:23 PM

Last minute to do list

Well I am in the final stretch before I set out to Colorado to hunt the last week of the elk archery season. I washed my hunting clothes and packed them two weeks ago. Made my grocery list yesterday and have all my calls, face paint, etc packed in zip lock bags. Seems like the same old ritual...my wife said that I pack way to early....so, am I the only one ???

How long before your trip do you start packing and going over your list ??

AR Bowhunter 09-14-2008 06:25 PM

RE: Last minute to do list

I go through my stuff to see if I have a need list. Start packing abouttwo days earlier.

rybohunter 09-14-2008 06:28 PM

I've been working on my weeks. I leave EARLY friday morning, I started gathering and packing things today. I will make my final pack thursday evening.

jim1966 09-14-2008 06:31 PM

Good luck and be safe.

elkhuntinut 09-14-2008 06:49 PM

rybo,

Where are you going ??

So far it does look like I jump the gun:D:D

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I've been working on my weeks. I leave EARLY friday morning, I started gathering and packing things today. I will make my final pack thursday evening.

Sportsfann 09-14-2008 07:20 PM

When I am going on a big hunt I tend to pack way to early and forget what I have packed and start all over. It fun though. Its the unpacking that stinks.

Good luck guys and be safe.

rybohunter 09-15-2008 04:36 AM

My original postshouldread "working on my LIST for weeks"

I am headed to Idaho.

Bailsuk 09-15-2008 04:57 AM

I had my kit layed out month an a half ago :D

I too have packed and repacked and then some ready for 18th when i fly out to Colorado , my bowvest pockets have all my little bits in like bow spares windchecker , camo cream , compass , calls and such . Backpack will get packed proper when i get to Wills house .
Cannot believe i fly out on Thursday , for my first ever bowhunt and Elk hunt .
Be safe fella's and enjoy ;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-15-2008 05:04 AM

Good luck elkn, shoot straight and squeeze the trigger.;)

Last minute, Matt and I'll be in a tree in NC Thursday evening and I still have to wash my camo. [&:] Tonight or tomorrow night it'll get done. :)

Have a safe trip.

huntingson 09-15-2008 08:24 AM

Best of luck elknut! I eagerly await your report (and I am dead serious about that). I sure hope that the area is better to you than it was to us.

I just washed my clothes from CO 2 days ago. I still need to repack for MT and I leave Saturday! Although, I do know I have everything since I just packed and used it. Usually I pack about a week out just in case there are things I need to get.