HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Maryland opens on 15th!!!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/262916-maryland-opens-15th.html)

Nick Hull 09-13-2008 07:11 AM

Maryland opens on 15th!!!!!!!

So how many of you guys are going to be out there on Monday morning? I know i will be!:D

Kreagerm 09-13-2008 07:15 AM

RE: Maryland opens on 15th!!!!!!!

I'll be there. Mon, Tue, and Wed. I can't wait...

Slackdaddy 09-13-2008 07:14 PM

I'll be there,
Shot a borrowed "1997" darton the last 3 years (killed 3 deer)
This year I have my "own" bow, a PSE FS light.
Gues I will hit Calvert Cliffs or BARC.

I was going to go to Pat River park, but MD is allowing Cross Bows in regular Archery season (Mont, How, AA, PG Counties)
I was at BPS today picking up refills for the Therma, The Cross bows where "flying" of the shelfs.
Talked to one of the Archery sales staff, he said he had sold over 100 CB's in the last 2 weeks, A lot to people that have NEVER hunted before.
Will cross bows change public land archery season as we know it ?

Slack

Kreagerm 09-13-2008 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Slackdaddy

I'll be there,
Shot a borrowed "1997" darton the last 3 years (killed 3 deer)
This year I have my "own" bow, a PSE FS light.
Gues I will hit Calvert Cliffs or BARC.

I was going to go to Pat River park, but MD is allowing Cross Bows in regular Archery season (Mont, How, AA, PG Counties)
I was at BPS today picking up refills for the Therma, The Cross bows where "flying" of the shelfs.
Talked to one of the Archery sales staff, he said he had sold over 100 CB's in the last 2 weeks, A lot to people that have NEVER hunted before.
Will cross bows change public land archery season as we know it ?

Slack
I for one hate the fact that anyone can now use a crossbow. It does infact make hunting easier then with a "real" bow. Now any "Yahoo" who would only gun hunt will now be in the woods messing everything up. The whole reason behind this move is to get control of this deer population that isgrowing out of control. But come-on why a crossbow [:@]. Leave a crossbow to the handicap [8D], like it used to be.

Rickmur 09-14-2008 03:59 AM

Gonna be too hot. 90'sand humidare expected. Wed it's only supposed to be in the upper 70's. I'll wait.

smokyghost 09-14-2008 06:36 AM

yeah to hot, might go scout and hang a few stands.

Nick Hull 09-14-2008 06:57 AM

I live up in Allegany County its calling for temps in the 70s up here and maybe a chance of rain but we will see. But Gd Luck to you all and be safe!

Kreagerm 09-14-2008 08:40 AM

Yup it's gonna be hot in the evening, but I usually hunt the morning the hardest. In the tree an hour before day break Mon, Tue and Wed. I can't wait to see what the morning holds.

Marylandbowhunter 09-14-2008 08:47 AM

Yup will be out Monday morning .

For thoses who hate the fact that x-bows are allowed the whole season now .... how about you do you part and kill more deer . Until bow hunters are able to keep the heard in check I really don't want to hear no crying about x-bows this and making gun season longer . Chew on that for a bit

Slackdaddy 09-14-2008 07:43 PM

We cant keep the heard in check, if we do not have access !!
Problem with Mont and How county is Access to COUNTY and STATE land !
So we can hunt 3% of the total public park land, I have watched 50+ deer stacked up on the "no hunting" side of howard chapel rd (this is still public land)

So how is a bunch of "un skilled" slobs with cross bows tromping around the woods going to help the kill #'s in Archery season ??

Before any one starts throwing "snob" etc around, yeah I am one :)

I spent 6-7 years in gun season learning the ropes, then another 5 in ML refining my hunting, now I am breaking into archery with 12 years of skill to back me up, Yeah I am a snob, but I earned it :)

Slack