Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion) >

Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Old 09-13-2008, 02:14 AM
usa
Fork Horn

Default RE: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

I've told this story before, I came out of the wood's a long way from camp and accepted a ride with a scentloc guy that looked like a ninja, during the ride he had a little gas and forget the scentloc the only thing that helped was an open window lol
Old 09-13-2008, 02:42 AM

It's all a gimmick like a lot of other things out there, but for some it's a tremendous confidence booster. I guess that's worth it to some...not to me.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

i bet this hits 10 pages. not sure if it works or not but if i bought it and it got me one deer it would be worth it.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

That stuff is OVER RATED...........it is all about percieving you have an advantage. If you wash in scent free UV blockingbrightners clothes wash, shower down with scent free like a doctor getting ready for an operation, put every thing in the truck in a vacume packeted baggie, drive to your spot in your underwear as not to introduce unwanted scent, and get out to spray down right next to exhust of the truck you are good to go.

I know of several guys who feel it is bad to wash their hunting outfits. One in particular who has not washed his clothesin overseven years. He tells me his clothes smell like the outdoors. He reminds me of the kid from Christmas story becuase he has put on 40 over the yearsand his outfit is bursting at the seems. He shot a deer at ten yards last year from the ground with his bow, no blind, and had to set his coffee down. He is not a fan of heights.

I have stood up and pee'd right off my stand, spit Copenhagen on the ground for hours and had deer come right up and smelled it, it seemed as if they were attracted to it. I fart whenever I need to fart because if I dont I feel like I am going fill up and float right off my stand.

In my mind the greatest single thing to remaining undetected is............THE WIND! Is it in your favor for those two minutes that deer is in range ragardless if yousmell like a truck stop hooker? Not that I know what a truck stop hooker smells like but I work in a prisonso I can only imagine what they smell like jumping from cab to cab.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is 3 years old and still works good. I tets it every year with a bottle of pine sol cleaner! I dry it and open the bottle which is super strong hold a piece of the clothing up to the opening and sure enough I can not smeel anything! Works for me! And even if you think it does not work it's still very nice clothing! It never hurts to try to eliminate as much odor as possible!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Hey, its just another scent REDUCING tool, available to us.

I wouldnt even think about hunting if I didnt have my scent blocker gear.

I use shower, deodorant, sprays, scent blocker, scent blcoker transport bags, scent blocker boot gaiters- you name it, I've spared no expense and I cant recall getting winded since.
I have a freind who sits in his treestand smokes cigarettes like their going out of style and drinks 2 thermos' of coffee a day. And he's never had a deer bust him. I've seen it happen i was 70 yards away last year watching him through Bino's while deer are wandering all around the base of his tree.

Ryan.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

The reason I wont buy a scent lok suit anytime soon, is very simply because you see all the Pro's on tv hunting with it sure thats awesome, but listen to them sometime, "Ohh we cant hunt that stand because its got a North west wind and that would carry our scent out over the beans which would bust the deer"

OK you've got your scent suit and blah blah blah Take your scent free bath blah blah blah Now spray with this 20 dollar stuff blah blah blah Dude... You already paid 200 bucks for the suit and you cant even hunt where you want to hunt??? why bother??

Sorry. Just I saw a hunter last night say that so it sorta cheesed me off.

But to me thats why I think Scent lok is a Joke.

Ryan.
Good observation!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I agee that carbon suits get worn out quickly. I havetried the shower, spray,suit, etc. and have still gotten winded. I was just looking in my Bowhunters World magazine and saw that Dead Down Wind now makes a product that is supposed to clean the garment and the carbon itself. I guess it's worth a try.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I wouldnt even think about hunting if I didnt have my scent blocker gear.
....Somehow...I doubt this.[&:][8D]

Quick Reply: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.