Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion) >

Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Old 09-12-2008, 06:56 PM

Default RE: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Gosh. I never thought of it that way.

Now that you mention it.. you're correct.. why do I spend "big" bucks on a suit thats not even MAGICAL.

I'm such an idiot.. and thank you for pointing this out.

Next you're gonna tell me that my 15 dollar grunt call doesn't even call in deer all the time. Please don't tell me its not magical too... what will I have to live for?

I can't believe anything anymore.
Gee.. I write 1 little sarcastic comment towards the reasoning behind this thread and someone calls me an idiot over pm.

Gotta love forums and the internet.
serves ya right.[>:] No differing opinions allowed.

I personally, dont buy into it...but dont hold it against the guy that thinks it helps...Whatever floats his boat. Price is a wash anymore, as long as you buy it on sale or used. I also agree that no matter what you do, hunting the wind is still a must. But even on that, I admit I know little about wind characteristics. I check weather.com for wind speed/direction before I head out, then double check upon arrival. If it is predominantly blowing in the right direction, I head to stand.

Do I think it helps? Well no, but doesn't mean it is garbage. Still quality threads no matter what. The ONLY thing that gets me about scentlok is their logo...you know the "forget the wind, just hunt." slogan. How idiotic.

Plenty of things are questionable on whether they are worth it.Its up to individuals to decide whether or not a certain product will work for them.

Who Cares really? I used to despise scentlok as well...but once I thought about it...who cares? Why on earth would I let the type of clothes some hunter 2 states away wears when he brags em up? I dont care anymore...nothing can be gained by bashing scentlok or praising it even for that matter. Ive seen science disproving it, but SL apparently has science proving it. Who cares. Ill go on hunting without it, and Ill likely survive...as will SL. No biggie, use whatever clothes yall want. Just don't go spewing the bs about how amazing it works.

BTW, this wasnt directed at you Duke...I agree with your first post, even though I dont believe in the product. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

That stuff is a joke. Why have people have killed deer for many many years before scent-lok came along. I spray down hunt the wind and still kill deer. I'll save my money it's not necessary to have scent-lok to kill deer.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

quote:

quote:

Now that you mention it.. you're correct.. why do I spend "big" bucks on a suit thats not even MAGICAL.

Next you're gonna tell me that my 15 dollar grunt call doesn't even call in deer all the time. Please don't tell me its not magical too... what will I have to live for?

Gee.. I write 1 little sarcastic comment towards the reasoning behind this thread and someone calls me an idiot over pm.

serves ya right. No differing opinions allowed.

I personally, dont buy into it...but dont hold it against the guy that thinks it helps...Whatever floats his boat. Price is a wash anymore, as long as you buy it on sale or used. I also agree that no matter what you do, hunting the wind is still a must. But even on that, I admit I know little about wind characteristics. I check weather.com for wind speed/direction before I head out, then double check upon arrival. If it is predominantly blowing in the right direction, I head to stand.

Do I think it helps? Well no, but doesn't mean it is garbage. Still quality threads no matter what. The ONLY thing that gets me about scentlok is their logo...you know the "forget the wind, just hunt." slogan. How idiotic.

Plenty of things are questionable on whether they are worth it. Its up to individuals to decide whether or not a certain product will work for them.

Who Cares really? I used to despise scentlok as well...but once I thought about it...who cares? Why on earth would I let the type of clothes some hunter 2 states away wears when he brags em up? I dont care anymore...nothing can be gained by bashing scentlok or praising it even for that matter. Ive seen science disproving it, but SL apparently has science proving it. Who cares. Ill go on hunting without it, and Ill likely survive...as will SL. No biggie, use whatever clothes yall want. Just don't go spewing the bs about how amazing it works.

BTW, this wasnt directed at you Duke...I agree with your first post, even though I dont believe in the product. Different strokes for different folks.

Hoyt and Benelli.....Best of the Best.

Trevor
Tembry.. I didn't take anything personal.. never do. Unless of course you pm me and call me a name.. what's that all about..(dude who called me a name)

I never have and never will push a product at another. I reccomend things when asked.. but never push. I don't care what you use.. I listen when it works for you.. but I don't care right off the bat.

It's funny you say the "forget the wind just hunt".. that's what the author was getting at. How he thought it was inappropriate and stupid really that they (the hunters on tv) couldn't just forget the wind.

Heck.. who doesn't believe the slogans bad? But its just a slogan.. nothing in this world is magical.

A chevy isn't really like a rock..

and a pepsi isn't really the choice of a new generation. I am the new generation.. and I prefer coke.

They are slogans. And I can't fathom why so many fight the slogan issue.

Peace my brothers and my sisters.

and ps- stop calling me names over pm..[>:]
Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 PM

A chevy isn't really like a rock..
My old one was..it was always stationary from acting up.[8D]

I now roll deep in my Ford...problems gone. Coke is far and away better btw.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sarcasm killed the cat.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

The thing is, it's not just slogans that they use to push their products like coke dealers.
They draw diagrams explaining how without their product you can only hunt a 90 degree radius.
Then there's the big lie about how the stuff can be "reactivated" in a clothes dryer when studies show it has to be superheated to release any scent.
Their marketing is based on lies.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:04 PM

I never used it mainly because of price. I don't know if it helps or not but I doubt that it hurts anything.
I did hear the other day that a test was done were some guys put on the suits and hid in the woods. Then some other guys came with a dog and found like 18 or 19 out of 20. Don't know how much truth there is in this, really don't care since I don't use it. Just thought it was interesting.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now I will pose you guys with this question.

Do you think that Their is a Certain Height that you can be above a Whitetails nose? A point where you can wear an entire bottle of Old Spice and not have to worry?

Ryan.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deerslayer223

That stuff is a joke. Why have people have killed deer for many many years before scent-lok came along. I spray down hunt the wind and still kill deer. I'll save my money it's not necessary to have scent-lok to kill deer.
I agree 100%
Old 09-13-2008, 12:29 AM

I don't know if it really works or not. How can we really know unless we are conducting scientific studies ourselves?

I don't really have the extra cash laying around to be able to afford a full suit of the stuff anyways, but it can't hurt can it? I mean even if it eliminate some of your scent, isnt that helping?

I spray down before I go out on a hunt....does it really work? I don't know, but its cheap and if it helps a little bit then thats great. Does that mean that I can hunt like atard and disregard the wind? Hell no, but just maybe it might keep me from getting busted one time, or maybe it will help when the thermals switch or the wind swirls...

Anyways, I don't really have a dog in this fight since I don't buy it based on price, but I can't really see where it would hurt your chances in the field.

Quick Reply: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.